Custom Map #254: Mysterious Arrival. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, October 28, 2016, 11:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #254: Mysterious Arrival

Author: Decagon
Size: 320x180

Desc:
Somewhere on the border between Redacted Space and a large nebula, an unidentified Rift signal produces a HQ once controlled by one of the many corporations thought lost to the Particulates; caught between two planetoids, the mysterious vessel prepares to engage the Particles that have now detected its presence...

Doug

Enjoyed the custom ships and the map. Why was the emitter from CW3 in the map... I didnt see any explanation for it? Maybe I missed it.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Doug on October 28, 2016, 12:54:28 PM
Enjoyed the custom ships and the map. Why was the emitter from CW3 in the map... I didnt see any explanation for it? Maybe I missed it.

Well, the Emitter is inactive, as the info pickup should have said, and will become a more important part of the 'storyline' of my maps. I would call it a remnant of the cycle that wiped out the previous civilization, since I assume the Emitters don't simply disappear into thin air when a civilization is destroyed.

It's also a fun nod to the fact that the Creeper has once been here, and will come back in due time.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Doug

Ah. That makes sense. I was thinking that it was just a single map not a story. I should have thought of that.

I'm terrible with story lines as anyone that has played my maps likely knows lol. Best you'll get from me is a smiley face or a good luck in the description ;)