Hiigara Defence Force

Started by Keeper Decagon, October 12, 2016, 01:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoura3025

Quote from: Keeper Decagon

Unfortunately, due to the gate's electromagnetic interference, when our probes flew too close it made their rudimentary AI subroutines malfunction, sending the probes plunging headlong into the wormhole generator. Until we can deploy new probes, this is all the intelligence we have. We hope it can be of some use to you.

-=End Transmission=-

With your new probes, may I suggest a modified shield node that outputs electromagnetic radiation at an inoptimal frequency? Their reactors will require overclocking, but the magnetosphere the generator will protect against most interferences, provided they remain powered. Keep in mind, this will most likely only allow the probes to last for a matter of one standard earth week, but with optimal preformance that should be enough.
(09:06:07) Zoura3025: But for us diehard fans: "Time is Sanity"

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Zoura3025 on November 10, 2016, 11:06:45 AM

Unfortunately, due to the gate's electromagnetic interference, when our probes flew too close it made their rudimentary AI subroutines malfunction, sending the probes plunging headlong into the wormhole generator. Until we can deploy new probes, this is all the intelligence we have. We hope it can be of some use to you.

-=End Transmission=-

With your new probes, may I suggest a modified shield node that outputs electromagnetic radiation at an inoptimal frequency? Their reactors will require overclocking, but the magnetosphere the generator will protect against most interferences, provided they remain powered. Keep in mind, this will most likely only allow the probes to last for a matter of one standard earth week, but with optimal preformance that should be enough.

Thank you for the suggestion; our engineers have made the necessary modifications to our probes (with the aid of a few experimental Mk VII strikecraft reactors*) and they have been deployed. Our target will be to scan the enemy wormhole generators to look for potential vulnerabilities, though for some reason the Taiidan Republic has requested several probes to be redirected toward the station that is supposedly defending the gate... they have not disclosed why as of yet.
Whilst our relationship with our former enemies has enabled strong communication and cooperation between our two navies, they are being strangely quiet about this. The recall of their active ships in Redacted Space is particularly worrying to Fleet Command; they are planning something. If more information is discovered, the Union will be informed immediately.

Regardless, we will push on and continue to expand our operations in Redacted Space with or without their help. We thank you again for your useful input into our reconnaissance efforts.

*May or may not be sourced from Turanic black market elements.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Keeper Decagon

Changelog [11/11/16]

• Added map The First Wave
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Keeper Decagon

So, I finally decided to gather up the blueprints of the current Hydraxil Collective roster and released them on here. Enjoy!

Changelog [17/11/16]

• Added map Delving Deeper
  • Added Collector
  • Added Shocker
  • Added Tanker
  • Added Unknown
  • Added Warper
  • Added Mothership
  • Added Cruiser
  • Added Dreadnought
  • Added Sector Control Node
  • Added Defence Platform
  • Also made some changes to front page.

Keeper Decagon

Changelog [18/11/16]

• We are proud to present a replica of the great Odin City, in celebration of the release of the CW Anniversary Edition!

Zoura3025

Quote from: Keeper Decagon on November 10, 2016, 07:38:07 PM
Quote from: Zoura3025 on November 10, 2016, 11:06:45 AM

-=End Transmission=-

Thank you for the suggestion; our engineers have made the necessary modifications to our probes (with the aid of a few experimental Mk VII strikecraft reactors*) and they have been deployed. Our target will be to scan the enemy wormhole generators to look for potential vulnerabilities, though for some reason the Taiidan Republic has requested several probes to be redirected toward the station that is supposedly defending the gate... they have not disclosed why as of yet.
Whilst our relationship with our former enemies has enabled strong communication and cooperation between our two navies, they are being strangely quiet about this. The recall of their active ships in Redacted Space is particularly worrying to Fleet Command; they are planning something. If more information is discovered, the Union will be informed immediately.

Regardless, we will push on and continue to expand our operations in Redacted Space with or without their help. We thank you again for your useful input into our reconnaissance efforts.

*May or may not be sourced from Turanic black market elements.

Glad we could help a fellow corporation. We learned of this technology upon attempting to reverse-engineer the electromagnetic pulse arrays of the debris craft. We have no use for it, but it appears knowledge has proven powerful once again.
(09:06:07) Zoura3025: But for us diehard fans: "Time is Sanity"

Keeper Decagon

Changelog [02/12/2016]

• Added Imperator-II Command Carrier
  • Added Overlord Command HQ

The HDF also wishes to thank the SSDI's extremely talented engineering teams for providing the framework upon which these HQ vessels have been constructed.

Keeper Decagon

Changelog [09/12/2016]

• Added map The Shipyard.

GoodMorning

On the subject of the vacuum-living creatures you have discovered...

There is some evidence to suggest that the materials discovered by Equinox have a higher-dimensional structure, which we wish to investigate. Might we ask for a copy of your scans of the lifeform which you have encountered?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 10, 2016, 08:07:30 AM
On the subject of the vacuum-living creatures you have discovered...

There is some evidence to suggest that the materials discovered by Equinox have a higher-dimensional structure, which we wish to investigate. Might we ask for a copy of your scans of the lifeform which you have encountered?

Of course.

Unidentified Lifeform A-5
There have been four different classes of this species detected and combated thus far. They appear to be fiercely territorial and have made no attempt to contact or interact with us in any way at this moment in time.

Gnat

This is the smallest example of these insectoids, and is either a hatchling or a small worker drone. During encounters, it is very much willing to dive headfirst into battle, using some sort of chemical sprays to dissolve our hulls. These have been likened in effectiveness to our very own laser weapons systems.

Swarmer

These little buggers are, despite being one of the smaller bugs, larger than our Frigates and appear to be the frontline soldiers these insectoids use to defend their hives from intrusion. They attack in groups when able, hence our captains have labelled them "Swarmers".

Hornet

Larger than our Destroyers but armed with something that seems reminiscent of our Lathe systems, the Hornet-class bug seems suited to assaulting and dismembering Particulate Emitters and other artificial structures. Our scientists think this is how they have managed to stay around in Redacted Space as long as they have.

Beetle

By far the most vast insectoid we have come across thus far, this "Beetle" appears to be the center of a hive, its abdomen seemingly developed in such a way that it can encapsulate and harness Energy Sources in a similar way we can, presumably using the energy to fuel its construction of the hive as well as hatching new bugs.
[close]

Attached below are the detailed specification blueprints our engineers have pieced together from the carcasses we retrieved, including the chemical makeup of their anatomy. We hope this will be of some use to you.

Equinox

:::Incoming message:::
:::Origin: Equinox, Silicon Nomads:::

Statement: It appears that our Hornet class fighters are actually based off of husks from the swarmer life form, rather than the hornet life form. We note, with some amusement, that we mounted our engines on the wrong end of the husk. All our Hornet fighters are actually flying around backwards. That aside, given that these creatures are able to thrive in particulate infested regions, we believe that research into them is worthwhile. Designs for a dedicated research vessel are underway.

:::End Message:::

GoodMorning

Thank you. It may prove useful to you to know that each of the husks you are employing is able to carry the polarisation field of the shield module, though we are still working to understand why. However, these husks carry no evidence of a higher-dimensional interface, which will make them easier to construct.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

WARNING! Red Alert!

This is Fleet Command to all captains of the Hiigaran Defence Fleet!

We have multiple Rift signatures converging on the Sarum system, on the edge of the Hiigaran Control Zone!

Perimeter defenses have engaged Hydraxil warships... heavy losses have already been incurred!

Issuing Emergency Recall Protocol Omega-1! All HDF captains currently within a 50 light-year radius around the Sarum system must respond!

The Sarum system must not fall!

Keeper Decagon

_________---____-_--____--_-__--_

T----R---A---N---S---M---I---S---S---I---O---N___I---N---C---O---M---I---N---G

___-_-_---___------__-_----___--__

For countless cycles------we have undone the work of your ancestors-----

For countless cycles------we have endured-----

Your worlds shall burn------like so many before-----the old ones will return-----

Humanity will no longer stand against the tide------you will all be E-X-T-E-R-M-I-N-A-T-E-D-----

The Loki guide our purpose------the Arc Eternal shall be ours-----we will retrieve it from the dust of the Entity-----

YOU WILL BE UNDONE

_-_____-_____-__----_--_-____-_---__

E---N---D___T---R---A---N---S---M---I---S---S---I---O---N

_-_-___-_----_-___-_-_-___----___-_

Keeper Decagon

Situation Update

HDF fleets have converged on the Sarum system and neutralized the Hydraxil Collective fleet. Their HQ ship has escaped, but the system is now clear of active enemy vessels.

Hostile takeover of our communications network has been reversed, and the virus has been purged. We advise anyone who received the Hydraxil broadcast to ignore it. More than likely it is part of some sort of scare tactic, but rest assured, we will not give in to their scaremongering.

Retaliatory strikes against the Collective are being formulated, though the devastating loss of the Taiidani Republic's Forward Assault fleet has shown to us that a frontal assault will almost always fail. Hereby, we request the aid of our fellow Union members to participate in attacking the Hydraxil fortifications all around this side of Redacted Space, in the hopes we can spread them thin enough to take the fight straight to the wormhole which allows them entry into Redacted Space.

These monsters have murdered thousands of Hiigaran citizens and crewmembers in cold blood. If that isn't enough reason to consider them a threat to all, then I do not know what is.

That is all. Fleet Command, out.