Tile & character editor

Started by TheBlaster, November 13, 2011, 02:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlaster

I just think that we need a tile and character editor in the level editor or at least somewhere.It will let more people make more blocks to the system.We have very few different block sets right now.Yes, i know there are programs but i just think it will be faster if we can just do it in the editor and the custom colors you can only pick from the panel, please let us insert the hex codes
Whats awesome?Creeper world!

knucracker

As for the custom colors in the editor, you can already enter the hex values.  When the color selector pops up, you can type in the hex field at the top of the panel and hit 'enter' when done to apply the color.

TheBlaster

thanks for the quick response, i just entered it and clicked away...

Edit: maybe you can add alpha? i really wanted to make transparent creeper...

Michionlion

Quote from: TheBlaster on November 13, 2011, 02:52:00 PM

then what happens when we have creeper we can't detect without destroying our own buildings? i can see many crappy maps coming from something like that.  Still, if used correctly, it could be a good idea.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

lich98

Quote from: Michionlion on November 13, 2011, 05:23:47 PM
Quote from: TheBlaster on November 13, 2011, 02:52:00 PM

then what happens when we have creeper we can't detect without destroying our own buildings? i can see many crappy maps coming from something like that.  Still, if used correctly, it could be a good idea.

What if it was only given the code to certain people? like surpreme members of the comunity.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Ebon Heart

My question: how do we get the original characters in if we want them mixed in with custom characters? Best I (and by that i mean eighttails) have done is take a screenshot when the character is talking and put it in.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

TheBlaster

i use the number thing and put the custom ones on and then taking screenies of the original ones and putting them on one of the boxes. Then i dont name the  original ones cause if you take screenies of the characters you already have the name so i just name the custom ones.