Are PLATFORMS working properly?

Started by Game Loser, December 08, 2020, 03:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Game Loser

Thank you Knuckle Cracker for another amazing instalment in the Creeper World saga.
I've played through all planets in the Farsite Expedition (even the hidden one) and thoroughly enjoyed that.

One thing that puzzles me, and that is these platforms.

https://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=cw4:info:platform
"Building multiple platforms next to one another can provide support space for a larger unit"

This doesn't work.
I have tried building the Factory,  Rift Lab and a Rocket and Runway on a wide area created with multiple Platforms and these units will not place.
I tried spacing the Platforms right next to each other, and also with 1 space between.  Unfortunately, nothing works.

Anyone manage to get large units built across multiple Platforms and can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 1700X / 32GiB DDR4 / Zotac Mini GeForce GTX 1070

Game Loser

Update:
It does seem to be by design.
I can put a Refinery on two adjacent Platforms.  Refineries take up a 2x3 grid space, so overlap the 2x2 cell spaces created by a single platform.  Putting two platforms adjacent, allows for a 4x4 cell space.
However the Porter won't go on there, and that's only 3x3.

GoodMorning

You might be able to place it overlapping four platforms. A porter base is rather larger than the standard unit, 5x5 cells IIRC. Each corner of a platform offers a 3x3 area for placement.

Porter deliveries are presumably disallowed to platforms.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Game Loser

Sorry, I wasn't paying enough attention in my last post.

A platform has 3 of 3x3 spaces.
When created next to each other, that makes 2 of 6x3 spaces.
When 4 platforms are created in an adjacent square formation, that's a 6x6 space.

Cannons, Mortars, Snipers, Missiles, Terps, Sprayers, Shields are all 3x3.
Refinery and Miners are 4x3, of which only the Refinery would ever be potentially put on a Platform array.

Porters should work, as size permits 5x5, but they won't build there.  Nor will the Rift units (3x3).  Platforms only working as a network of Pilons.

Rockets, the Factory and E.Portal are all 7x7, so too large for a Platform.
Runways are simply too long.

This all seems by design, so ignore this thread.  It's me not testing enough and not paying enough attention to detail.  :)