Custom Map #3161: map 23a. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, February 13, 2016, 03:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3161: map 23a

Author: yum234
Size: 140x100

Desc:
More simple version of map 23, but still hard. :) PLease try and then may be map 23 will be not so hard. The same tricky start (see forum). Good luck to all!

PMouser

i still cant do this, not enough energy to keep up with spore attack
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

ChaosMaster130

Hmm... Once I knew what to do it was pretty easy. took a couple quick loads to avoid death by spores but that's about it  :P
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

D0m0nik

I just played this for 15 mins before realising that the big emitter is gone  :o

Time to start again! I think this is a better map though as the whole map now needs to be conquered. It is actually harder in many ways though, where to put a forge?

yum-forum

Quote from: D0m0nik on February 14, 2016, 01:38:25 PM
where to put a forge?
The same as first "terp" in the place of "terp tech" put Forge in the place of "forge tech", please! :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Tjgalon

While I did not play this version, I found the forge is fine where the guppy is. I also found to get a bit extra power, it helps to place the 2nd cn down to the left on that large mess right where you would put down the first one, and keep switching out CN 2 and 3, till you can finally concour the upper right. All in all, a bit to easy, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Loren Pechtel

It's got me, also.  I managed to establish a base in the NE that survives but can't do anything because it's so stunned.

yum-forum

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on May 03, 2016, 11:42:41 AM
It's got me, also.  I managed to establish a base in the NE that survives but can't do anything because it's so stunned.

Thank You for comment.  :)

I surprised that only few players played it. I played again this map and, sorry, find that game playable and not bad.
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, I found this map to be much easier than the first and was able to play straight through with no multi-tasking, and no pausing apart from the initial setup. There aren't enough spores to make much of a threat so once you get started it's pretty easy.

Tip: At first, Terp the islands that only need one spot terped, rather than the strip of land since it takes 3x as much energy to terp. Grab the energy pods and build reactors on the interior islands, then beams on the exterior (beams can be stunned every now and then and it's no biggie. You want to keep your reactors going all the time).

I think after the first minute or two you should be able to switch to 4x speed or faster without any problems. Plenty of aether to get your forge up and running

For those who are having problems connecting things because of the relays constantly getting stunned:
Spoiler
Use guppies to build stuff. They won't get stunned and once you have the relays in place you'll grab the pickup. Much easier than trying to get energy from the base to the endpoint of your network.  ;)
[close]

Thanks for making this version, Yum!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?