How to read emitter strength?

Started by BoostBreed75, June 17, 2011, 02:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoostBreed75

Does the k after the numbers just represent three 0's? I looked and couldn't find how to determine the strength thanks to any who answer.

MadMag

BoostBreed75

Ebon Heart

K=1,000
Mill=1,000,000
Bill= you'd better start running. (this one doesn't show up in the game, evn after the density crests a billion.)

I honestly don't know why you get numbers like 5000k density creeper. It's 5 million density creeper...
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

UpperKEES

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 18, 2011, 01:39:10 AM
I honestly don't know why you get numbers like 5000k density creeper. It's 5 million density creeper...

Because it's much more precise when the density is 5743K.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Ytaker

In one of the early blogs, virgil noted that fractions slow down the engine a lot. He doesn't want 5.743 million creeper.

UpperKEES

Displaying just one integer as a float wouldn't influence the calculation entirely based on integers. In beta we just requested the display to be as accurate as possible and still be readable at the same time (without the use of a decimal point/comma, because the use of these is culture dependent).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Ebon Heart

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 18, 2011, 06:43:13 AM
Displaying just one integer as a float wouldn't influence the calculation entirely based on integers. In beta we just requested the display to be as accurate as possible and still be readable at the same time (without the use of a decimal point/comma, because the use of these is culture dependent).
I didn't really think about that... that does make  lot of sense now that I have.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!