Hints for beating day 20 fastest? (spoilers)

Started by burguertime, June 12, 2011, 09:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

Quote from: RichieRich on June 22, 2011, 06:15:41 AM
Jeany I finally managed to get it done before the nexus went. Must have taked about 50 attempts with at least 15 restarts as the first moments are the crucial ones.

I actually went a different way down to Ebon posted above but scored the exact same point for point.

To be honest, favourite mission of the lot as in comparing my 42 minute first slog to completion to Kithros' time it became a real puzzle.

So,

Forget conversion bombs to clear the pool. They take too long to build.
Unlike Ebon, I found using the packet speed techs more effective than using 12 points on the cheaper unit tech.
I used 3 dark beams. One to protect the two others that went to the nexus.

In benchmarking, you want to be through the top half and digging down to the nexus by 2 mins and hitting the nexus by 2.30.
maybe I should try your route... I found having micro rifts closer to the digging area was more beneficial than having packets travel faster. And on my fastest time, I had all 3 dark beams trained on the nexus.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Hunter22222

I would love to see you guys upload a video of you beating the infant Nexus.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Hunter22222 on June 23, 2011, 12:00:26 PM
I would love to see you guys upload a video of you beating the infant Nexus.
I made a video of it. I killed the nexus before it spawned.... Then stared angrily at my computer for a good 5 minutes and cussed CamStudio out after realizing I hadn't been recording. I'll have a real video eventually.

Pyxis_GeeK

I finally make it to day 20. So far all I have accomplished is banging my head against the wall. I know its possible to defeat but wow do I feel overwhelmed on this level.

Good job Virgil......

burguertime

Quote from: Pyxis_GeeK on June 27, 2011, 09:26:58 PM
I finally make it to day 20. So far all I have accomplished is banging my head against the wall. I know its possible to defeat but wow do I feel overwhelmed on this level.

Good job Virgil......

This mission has two endings, one beating the infant nexus, the other after it. My hint for the second ending, is to do as much shelf space as possible, and to convert as much of the pressurized creeper chambers as possible. They will help enormously in keeping the nexus clear of creeper so the beams can damage it.

Another very important thing, never spend ALL of your crystal energy. Because as KEES mentinoned somewhere, if you have crystal energy, you can use more than 60 energy at a time.

You will want 60+ energy production to charge four beams on the nexus. On my first clear of day 20, I used an array of launchers on max range circling the nexus, so the constant battery of missiles plus the anti-creeper tsunami could make the beams damage the nexus.

You can also use conversion bombs on the nexus, but they need a clear path to the nexus without crossing the beams, and without hitting drones.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

RichieRich

Ebon Heart