Bonus day 7 barbarian hordes

Started by betadata, May 23, 2011, 07:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betadata

Tips or ideas. that lower path keeps over running me.

mthw2vc

Start your game by getting a large amount of energy. It is not difficult to have 20+ collection within 30 seconds of the game's start. Use a shield to hold off the very first drones if you must.

betadata

Katra

It's easier to kill the drones if you widen the tunnels to 2 spaces. Lets more blasters shoot at once.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

ontheworld

Just spammed blasters at bottom with big shooting range while rushing the other 2 to get enough energy up.

TonyP2000

This map is a neat one, but ya, I too keep getting over run on the bottom. Tough the last time I tried this map, I almost made it close to the bottom gateway and emitter.
Vote Tony!

Krell

I won when I finally decided to leave bottom for last and flooded the place with greeper and pushed it at the drones with a repulsor. It softened them up enough for my blasters to deal with them until I could get more range and attack speed.

MadMurphy

I just try to knock out the bottom first than take my time on the other 2

TonyP2000

I ended up beating this one. I had five blasters at the bottom (with some terrain removed to give them more range); makers on the top and bottom. I took over the middle row first, then went to the top (I now had an entire two rows for reactors and tech domes). After that, I moved all my blasters to the bottom and just dug the terrain out of the way and let the blaster take care of any drones and creeper.  :)
Vote Tony!

Blaze

I went under and assaulted the bottom, once the bottom was taken, I then cut up.

I overbuilt though, so it was super easy. :P

If you want, I have screen shots.

WreeperCorld

Quote from: Blaze on May 26, 2011, 03:03:11 AM
I went under and assaulted the bottom, once the bottom was taken, I then cut up.

I overbuilt though, so it was super easy. :P

If you want, I have screen shots.
Sure, overbuilding is always entertaining. I tend to overbuild all my maps in fact :-)

TTophat

My only suggestion is push through the lower path before they start producing a constant stream of drones. Once it's out, you can just dig upward and crush the other 2 sets easily.