Trickery!

Started by artimies7, January 26, 2013, 12:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artimies7

So, I've got CW2. But level 17, Trickery is hitting my head against a wall.
Specifically, the final bit. Do I really need to go so far as to clear out every block in the first level, defeating all that Creeper to make room for the firepower to get the capsule out safely? I highly doubt it.

Any tips?
Sicsircly, Cappy-tain of Noodles.

Grauniad

I found this on YouTube.... HTH.

Edit: I just actually watched that video, and I suspect that while it "gets the job done" it has several inefficiencies in it.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Kithros

Quote from: artimies7 on January 26, 2013, 12:48:30 PM
So, I've got CW2. But level 17, Trickery is hitting my head against a wall.
Specifically, the final bit. Do I really need to go so far as to clear out every block in the first level, defeating all that Creeper to make room for the firepower to get the capsule out safely? I highly doubt it.

Any tips?

You don't need to clear out any more than 1 block - all I can really suggest is having more launchers and more fire rate upgrades than you tried with before (if you have fire rate maxed there's really no need to have more than about 2-3 blasters firing at a time). Having a maker charge up anti-creeper beforehand and then bursting the anti-creeper in can also help - but note that when drones die they do a lot of damage to the nearby anti-creeper, so for that to be effective you typically have to push the drones back far enough.

Oh, it seemed obvious to me at first, but in case it isn't to you - be sure to build a shield in front of the block that you dig out - without a shield there you'll probably have a hard time (certainly not impossible however) to both hold the creeper back and kill the creeper in time too. It's almost always a good idea to build a shield in front any time you open a new chamber with creeper or lots of drones.