Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zircon

Quote from: Tomodachi on June 29, 2011, 07:10:30 PM
Asobimashou Large/High
This map includes a surface emitter, experimentals, and phantoms. There are very few surface crystals and nowhere to dig in and after forty seconds a 60M titan emitter breaks free from the chamber below. On medium complexity this might be possible; I was able to hold off the creeper for a few minutes before being overwhelmed.

I try Large High... its still impossible :( but Medium/Medium and Large/Medium are possible and very nice to play. (See Screen of Medium/Medium)

Quote from: TonyP2000 on June 29, 2011, 10:36:21 PM
In response to Zircon:
I am at a loss for words...

Sorry^^ But my english is very bad and i try to write very short sentences :) (<3 Math =])

CobraKill

Quote from: Zircon on June 30, 2011, 02:32:21 AM
Quote from: Tomodachi on June 29, 2011, 07:10:30 PM
Asobimashou Large/High
This map includes a surface emitter, experimentals, and phantoms. There are very few surface crystals and nowhere to dig in and after forty seconds a 60M titan emitter breaks free from the chamber below. On medium complexity this might be possible; I was able to hold off the creeper for a few minutes before being overwhelmed.

I try Large High... its still impossible :( but Medium/Medium and Large/Medium are possible and very nice to play. (See Screen of Medium/Medium)

Quote from: TonyP2000 on June 29, 2011, 10:36:21 PM
In response to Zircon:
I am at a loss for words...

Sorry^^ But my english is very bad and i try to write very short sentences :) (<3 Math =])

*Jaw Drops* Woah! I am blown away by your skills! :o I'm still confused how a newbie can come and be as great as Kithros and KEES
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Pyxis_GeeK

Im sure there are many out there. I agree though this kid is good.

Zircon

Quote from: Wolf Shadow on June 30, 2011, 10:04:05 AM
*Jaw Drops* Woah! I am blown away by your skills! :o I'm still confused how a newbie can come and be as great as Kithros and KEES

Dont compare me with Kithros and KEES. They are Legendary^^ But thanks for the compliment.
And I am not rly a newbie^^ i played cw1 before - then i was falling in love with cw2 ;) and the nice Community (bad english^^ i know)

Quote from: Pyxis_GeeK on June 30, 2011, 10:09:28 AM
Im sure there are many out there. I agree though this kid is good.
studying kid  :D

back to topic:
sb find some new impossible code maps?

edit:
walk for said           Large/High     

Katra

Mars large/high

A 13m surface emitter and phantoms, with no easily reached crystals. (Only one green even remotely possible.) Then a 14.5m emitter beneath exactly one layer of erodible ground.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Zircon

Quote from: Katra on July 02, 2011, 09:12:02 PM
Mars large/high

A 13m surface emitter and phantoms, with no easily reached crystals. (Only one green even remotely possible.) Then a 14.5m emitter beneath exactly one layer of erodible ground.

=)

Mare

Quote from: Zircon on July 03, 2011, 07:23:00 AM
Mars large/high

=)

Katra, I'm sorry, but you just got pwned by Zircon

Zircon, Good job!!!
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Zircon

Quote from: Mare on July 03, 2011, 03:58:22 PM
Quote from: Zircon on July 03, 2011, 07:23:00 AM
Mars large/high

=)

Katra, I'm sorry, but you just got pwned by Zircon

Zircon, Good job!!!

ty Mare and thanks to Katra for this nice map =)
i love this topic^^

J

'today' (July 4, 2011) small/high
I couldn't get started with all those drones, phantoms, gravity and creeper
(I also didn't have time to try more than 3 times, but failed them all)

Zircon

Quote from: J on July 04, 2011, 09:14:15 AM
(I also didn't have time to try more than 3 times, but failedm all)

here u see my start - i builded a new reactor farm on the right side and save them with blaster+repulsor

Kithros

Quote from: Zircon on July 04, 2011, 12:18:29 PM
Quote from: J on July 04, 2011, 09:14:15 AM
(I also didn't have time to try more than 3 times, but failedm all)

here u see my start - i builded a new reactor farm on the right side and save them with blaster+repulsor
My start was a bit different:
Spoiler
[close]
I think you can probably guess how it goes from here.

burguertime

chair think shoe Large/High

Experimentals Map. Two surface-connected emitters, one on left (15M, 5th row of earth), one on right (16M, 6th row of earth), a drone portal that spawns 4 health drones from second zero, decayable terrain around the pits and a ROCK in the middle of what would be your diggin pit.

Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

burguertime

Quote from: Kithros on July 04, 2011, 03:01:06 PM
Spoiler
[close]

HOW in earth did you put the shield next to the emitter? Tried every single way (not literally) and could not do it.

Also, the pathing for the packets move them always horizontally before vertically, and in this map it shows. a packet's path is decided when he leaves LS, and it does not choose the shortest path that is also furtherst from the creeper, just the shortest.

Edit: I Got to nullify the emitter, using a repulsor beneath it. But then i got trapped between a throng of drones and a creeper waterfall without energy.
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Kithros

Quote from: burguertime on July 04, 2011, 04:10:21 PM
Quote from: Kithros on July 04, 2011, 03:01:06 PM
Spoiler
[close]

HOW in earth did you put the shield next to the emitter? Tried every single way (not literally) and could not do it.

Also, the pathing for the packets move them always horizontally before vertically, and in this map it shows. a packet's path is decided when he leaves LS, and it does not choose the shortest path that is also furtherst from the creeper, just the shortest.

Edit: I Got to nullify the emitter, using a repulsor beneath it. But then i got trapped between a throng of drones and a creeper waterfall without energy.
The fields at the beginning give enough space to build the shield if you build it quickly. If you don't have the shield built by the time the fields turn once though then you won't be able to.

EDIT: Also be sure not to get a deficit - if you start building the nullifier too early then it will mess up your energy, ideally you should get down to 0 (well, technically you should have a deficit of exactly 1) when you take the red crystal. Also be sure to move your LS as close as possible to minimize packet distance.

burguertime

I don't know how quicker than that i can be, because at 0:01 the creeper broke the under-construction shield...
oOga OoGa to you too.