Solution Creeper World User Space Infrastructure

Started by chris, February 29, 2016, 09:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris

Hi, I just played Creeper World User Space again after a long time and found this way to beat the infrastructure level.
Any thoughts on my solution?

Builder17

So you found way to cheat in it level?
Isn't real route easier , less micromanagement in moving these Pulse Cannons. :)

Michionlion

That isn't cheating, it's a classic frog-hopping technique people used to finish faster and create lines where there were none. Lots of micro, though. tbh, it's been a long time since I played the original CW.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

chris

I don't think its cheating but I will leave it open for debate.

The real route would be easier, albeit slower. With the hopping technique I did save 2 minutes and achieve a score of 8497 (10:39).

Karsten75

It is a known CW1 technique called "bridging" Nice find and great score. Welcome to the community.

knucracker

Ha... Very interesting.  Never thought of bridging in that map.  Keep those CW1 skills sharp... there will be a steam release of CW1 this year so a whole new crop of players will come along.

J

Bridging was about the first thing I though when I saw that map ;D. Hence I didn't play it.

Builder17

J

Anonymeus

My best has been a 4-way bridge (sadly still lost the level)

See attached image and post here...

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=11658

and no, bridging is not cheating...

Builder17

I was talking about crazonium walls only , normal walls aren't meant usually to prevent you going over these.

Anonymeus

If a map does not contain relays... there are various ways of preventing "going over" - not just green walls, three blocks of uneven terrain will do the trick... I fail to see how the act of bridging is any different in these cases....

Aside from that the BIG NEWS is the impending steam re-release!!!

(Please, Virgil, Please, DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING, except
Spoiler
it would be nice to be able to silence the spore siren
[close]
)

Nicant

Quote from: Anonymeus on March 04, 2016, 03:55:23 PM
If a map does not contain relays... there are various ways of preventing "going over" - not just green walls, three blocks of uneven terrain will do the trick... I fail to see how the act of bridging is any different in these cases....

Aside from that the BIG NEWS is the impending steam re-release!!!

(Please, Virgil, Please, DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING, except
Spoiler
it would be nice to be able to silence the spore siren
[close]
)
It would also be nice to see a survival button like on some of the online creeper world games!
CW4 hype!!