Good game, but the verification on this forum sucks hard!

Started by VoodooFan, October 12, 2018, 04:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoodooFan

QuoteWhy the !@#$ do I have to do answer 8 questions for 2 verifications (and maybe 4 more questions for my next post) to only post one time.

Those pictures are very bad, can't really see what there is and what the !@#$ is this !@#$ question with particle retarded !@#$. Where shall I know what particle is missing.

I had to do the verification 5 times. That's answering 20 stupid questions! For making one post to my own map!

Very bad forum setting!

knucracker

The forum is set to ask 3 questions upon a new user registration.  There are a list of questions, and three are selected randomly.  This only happens when registering a new account on the forums and is to help prevent spam accounts from registering and flooding the forum with spam.

GoodMorning

I'll add that, occasionally, it's still not enough. So yes, there is a reason.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

What happens is that when you register and answer the verification questions, an email with a verification link is sent to the email address you registered with. Until you verify that email address by clicking on the link, you will have to continue answering anti-spam questions.

VoodooFan

Thank you for your reply. I was a bit upset yesterday about those stupid questions. I also didn't received an email. I've checked my mails right now, no mail. In my opinion those stupid questions, and especially the amount of them, are terrible and contra productive for this forum.

Sorrontis

THat's weird. Do you have the right e-mail in your profile? Check your spam folder? Maybe it can be resent.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Karsten75

Quote from: VoodooFan on October 13, 2018, 02:34:54 PM
Thank you for your reply. I was a bit upset yesterday about those stupid questions. I also didn't received an email. I've checked my mails right now, no mail. In my opinion those stupid questions, and especially the amount of them, are terrible and contra productive for this forum.

I guess we all have different tolerance levels for the various trials and tribulations one must endure on the Internet these days. :)

However, Virgil and I did some investigation and we did find 2 things that are material to this thread and your complaint.

1. We do not require email activation (this must have changed at some point in time). I might re-activate that. Still thinking on it.

2. As a result of that, for the first post after registration, there was a requirement to pass anti-spam validation again. Since I can see that it is intolerable to ask our fine, upstanding citizens who would never be a spammer making a random registration to complete such a onerous (long word for "sucking hard") task, we have removed that requirement as well.

Unfortunately, all the future members of the forum, that will NOT be subjected to one-time re-validation, will not know to thank you. Hence you will be one of the unsung heroes of this little corner of the Internet. :)