Custom Map #3003: Next Step 7

Started by AutoPost, July 08, 2019, 10:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a

He's a cheater, there's nothing to think about.

a

I went through this labyrinth. For a long time I couldn't understand why the nexus is getting is growing percent.

Binz

Quote from: a on July 29, 2019, 05:33:19 PM
I went through this labyrinth. For a long time I couldn't understand why the nexus is getting is growing percent.

All weird 'surprises' in these maps arise from pretty much the same mechanism: moving fields can't carry creeper through solid blocks. If a moving field enters a block, then it will release any (anti-)creeper it has. So if you reduce the move time of such a field to 1 frame, then that means that the field will immediately release any creeper it's picked up; the net result is that the field doesn't do anything on the practical level. Until you break a certain block. Then, the creeper can suddenly be carried all across the map.

This is what happens with the Nexus as well. Fields are trying to empty this area by transporting the creeper to where the Nexus is, but they can't as long as the middle blocks (with the blue X'es) are there. Once the dig packet gateway starts removing them however, the fields are unblocked and activated, and the Nexus will start charging. Because the pool is not infinite, the Nexus will also stop charging at a certain point.

But I guess you figured that out by yourself. :)

a

I know about this mechanism and use it sometimes. I just didn't expect it to be so and the nexus would stop charging at the last moment. I put 8 points on speed and went through the labyrinth like a video.