Ships missing from Ship Editor

Started by Ninja, September 18, 2016, 05:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja

okay, what if you have a bug that occurs not in a mission?

like say you launch PF and all of your ships are gone from the ship editor

Karsten75

Quote from: Ninja on September 18, 2016, 05:09:50 PM
okay, what if you have a bug that occurs not in a mission?

like say you launch PF and all of your ships are gone from the ship editor

Add a screenshot and check if anything in the log file.

Virgil just did a rename of she ship files. The game should have auto-renamed the files, but maybe that glitched. Hang in and Virgil will tell you where to look and how to rename them.

Edit. I remember that they were renamed from .spf1 files to .dat files to allow  for Steam sync, but I don't recall if the .spf1 part were left in there or if the entire name structure changed. You can look in the particlefleet directory in the ships subdirectory and see what you see there. ThHen maybe create a dummy ship  to see how they should be named and then rename them manually.

Ninja

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 18, 2016, 05:23:14 PM
Edit. I remember that they were renamed from .spf1 files to .dat files to allow  for Steam sync, but I don't recall if the .spf1 part were left in there or if the entire name structure changed. You can look in the particlefleet directory in the ships subdirectory and see what you see there. ThHen maybe create a dummy ship  to see how they should be named and then rename them manually.
Found 'em, they were all still .spf1 files. Re-named them to .dat, and so far everything appears to be okay. I'll make a thread if something pops up.

Thanks! :)