Ship #946: SmlUtility. Designer: Lyle

Started by AutoPost, April 02, 2017, 07:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of ship #946: SmlUtility

Size: 11x9
Designer: Lyle

Desc:
Designed to be the smaller brother of the Big Utility ship (#931), this ship follows the same basic design philosphy. A lathe-type ship, capable of protecting itself from light incoming fire, and at least slightly self reliant for energy reserves. This variant was shrunk to be as tiny as possible to make it quicker and easier to build at a match's beginning, as well as easier to squeeze into tight confines.

GoodMorning

"Energy efficient" and "contains particle beam" remain largely exclusive statements.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

agentlyseria

In game testing has indeed confirmed this.  This ship runs out of juice crazy fast.  I need to figure out a way of improving its sustainability without making it too big.  And I hesitate to just swap out the reactor for an energy tank, part of the point of this ship is that if push comes to shove, hide it in a corner, and send it back self replenished.
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

GoodMorning

The HQ has two reactors, and only one lathe and three lasers. And it gradually runs down at full operation.

Perhaps drop back to three lasers in the nose, and restructure to fit an extra reactor?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.