Tiny Ravine

Started by nick, December 01, 2014, 10:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick

Decided to make a tiny map, just for fun. Try it out if you want, I'm sure a lot of you guys can easily do it faster than I did ;P
(and of course post screenshots, scores and stuff here if you want ;3)

Grayzzur

That makes a nice little challenge.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Karsten75

Pretty good. I had numerous failed starts until I stopped trying to land anywhere other than the designated spot. Probably now could shave a few seconds (minutes?) off if I tried again, but... so many maps, so little time. :)

Grayzzur

I didn't start there.

Spoiler
Started near the runner nest, grabbed the energy cache, and dropped a nullifer where it would zap the nest and the spore tower right there. Then I had a couple mistakes holding that position, but ultimately managed to keep it together without restarting, so I could probably shave a bit if I replayed it. I did have to abandon the PZ in the digitalis until I could build up some energy, and alternate a mortar and a beam in the one PZ I did have.
[close]
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Karsten75

Quote from: Grayzzur on December 01, 2014, 12:24:42 PM
I didn't start there.

Yea, my failed attempts was the high ground to the left of the map - with an eye to taking out the Runner Nest and then holding the high ground. That just didn't work, my timing always seemed to be a touch off.

Flash1225

Fairly easy start, I'll admit. Landed on the pad, got some collectors and cannons, took out the closer spore tower, got the aether pack, upgraded a few things, got a mortar running, and now I've got a bunch of reactors going along with a line of cannons. Got a terp running as well, which certainly provides space for energy. Seriously, it's a fairly easy start!
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.