How to download custom maps and sleeper mode?

Started by Gigaus, September 28, 2017, 07:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gigaus

Googling doesn't turn up anything on how to actually download custom maps, or how to play them for Cw3. And there's no pinned topic. So, could someone explain how to do any of this?

Karsten75

Custom maps are those appearing in Colonial Space. No need to explicitly download maps outside of the game. In game, after you click on the Colonial Space orb, you should see a list of maps and a set of optional filter criteria.
Just click on the "details" button, and go from there. Grey buttons means the map is not yet downloaded, a green Detail button means the map is already downloaded.

PAC maps are essentially the same. no difference if you wish to play one. it's only the play-style that is different.

GoodMorning

You mentioned in another thread that you have been playing for years. In this case, I understand that it's not impossible you have a version from before the Colonial Space update was released. I haven't been here for long enough to know what capabilities such a version would have, but updating to the latest version (V2.12 or higher, last I looked) would help.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Gigaus

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 28, 2017, 08:15:51 AM
Custom maps are those appearing in Colonial Space. No need to explicitly download maps outside of the game. In game, after you click on the Colonial Space orb, you should see a list of maps and a set of optional filter criteria.
Just click on the "details" button, and go from there. Grey buttons means the map is not yet downloaded, a green Detail button means the map is already downloaded.

PAC maps are essentially the same. no difference if you wish to play one. it's only the play-style that is different.

Thank you. I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to get maps people are recommending to me now, and no one bothered to explain how.
There's nothing outside of the game description that expressly says 'Custom Maps are played in Colonial Space.' And even that description is sparse. It might be worth putting a note somewhere.

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 28, 2017, 08:53:26 AM
You mentioned in another thread that you have been playing for years. In this case, I understand that it's not impossible you have a version from before the Colonial Space update was released. I haven't been here for long enough to know what capabilities such a version would have, but updating to the latest version (V2.12 or higher, last I looked) would help.

Actually, I do have Colonial Space, it's just I've never touched it. I've played the Campaign and all the challange modes-- And no I haven't completed them yet. I play about an hour or two depending, sometimes less if I'm on break and it's Prospector Zone. I've only just sat back down to 'seriously' play it after poking the Alpha Sector again and getting my butt handed to me.