Question about spores

Started by tamrin, June 21, 2017, 10:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamrin

Hi I need to ask on something about spores.
I always thought that AC is created only if I set negative number to amt - in spore tower or emittor, etc.
How is it possible that spore tower with extremly high amt is able to create AC too? 

TLFP

If a spore lands and is over the creeper cap, it will "flip" and create the opposite.
The cap is accessible via crpl but the default is 2000 or something around that number. 
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

tamrin

oh.. I didnt know :) thank u for answer, I understand :D

GoodMorning

For anyone wondering what is going on here.

Internally, Creepr is an 32-bit signed integer, meaning that it can be from about -2.41 billion to about + 2.41 billion. The Creeper level seen in-game is the number of millions of Creeper present.

During CW2 development, Creeper levels got large enough that they would occasionally "overflow". If you add 100 Creeper to 2400 Creeper, it "wraps around" and becomes about 2300 AC. (The reverse can also happen). This was so popular that rather than being removed as a glitch, it was embraced as "creeper conversion".

So, if a Spore has a payload of more than ~2.4K, it will drop AC upon impact. If an AC Spore has too large a payload, it will drop Creeper. Generally this does not occur by intent.

The CRPL "SetCreeper" command is capped at 2K for this reason. There is a command to set the maximum Creeper level, but it "clips" Creeper each frame to maintain this, and is a distinct function....

The previous answer is therefore not precisely what happens, but useful enough. By nature, this flip-point cannot be changed.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.