Creeper World 3: Abraxis

Started by knucracker, May 13, 2014, 06:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

Topic for discussion of CW3:A prior to the Kong launch.
See here for the game link:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=16211.msg118080#msg118080

Asbestos

Gameboytm101

It's not working for me. I have unity installed, there should be no problems.

knucracker

Go here and make sure you web player is up to date. 
https://unity3d.com/webplayer

What do you see when you try to launch it?

Gameboytm101

Um, it fixed itself. But what happened was REALLY weird. So weird in fact it broke my browser and I had to restart it. Can't exactly describe it.

Asbestos

I installed Unity, and then waited for it to load. When it finished loading, Unity crashed.

weekendgamer

Did anyone else notice how similar its tutorial is to the CW1 tutorial?
Sorry for the late replies.

Gameboytm101

Mikoz

Hotkeys are buggy for some reason. No matter what tab I open, 1 makes collector, 2 - relay, etc.

Karsten75

Quote from: Mikoz on May 14, 2014, 02:12:54 AM
Hotkeys are buggy for some reason. No matter what tab I open, 1 makes collector, 2 - relay, etc.

Change the settings

SuperDan

I'm not sure if this is intended/trivial/whatever, but in the tutorial level, you can place the nullifier anywhere(and it works), not just on the green square(as opposed to the collector or command node)
The pulse cannon can be moved anywhere but is only "accepted" when it get moved to the green square.

knucracker

Yeah, those things are expected.  I decided to give advice on where to put the nullifier, but still allow it to be built anywhere.  On the pulse cannon you only advance to the next stage of the tutorial once you put it in the green square.

Interestingly, I had to add a number of things to CRPL to make this tutorial.  It is patterned after the old original CW1 tutorial, but things like make a unit not be selectable had to be added to CRPL. 

Clean0nion

Ooh, can we have an API for that?

Karsten75

Quote from: Clean0nion on May 14, 2014, 12:54:06 PM
Ooh, can we have an API for that?

How about you create a few maps with the existing APIs before you ask for more? :)

SuperDan

I noticed a visual bug with anti-creeper- a purple line sometimes goes through the AC at the visual middle of the map when you move by right clicking.
See the attached screenshot.