A Tragedy Forgotten - A Five Part Map Series By Ebon_Heart and PeterPower

Started by Ebon Heart, January 24, 2012, 02:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4xC

Quote from: Ebon Heart on October 14, 2012, 08:32:54 PM
I've been a busy person. :P I'm doing the best I can with what free time I have. And no, not all of my free time goes to cw2, sorry I have a life outside of creeper world.

Don't we all, and don't we know it. You know, if you're going to make a series, next time, even though the first 2 maps were nice (I am still struggling to beat the second part actually), maybe they should all be made before releasing any of them so time is less of a factor to consider.
C,C,C,C

Wheatmidge

Quote from: 4xC on October 24, 2012, 07:14:54 PM
I've been a busy person. :P I'm doing the best I can with what free time I have. And no, not all of my free time goes to cw2, sorry I have a life outside of creeper world.

Don't we all, and don't we know it. You know, if you're going to make a series, next time, even though the first 2 maps were nice (I am still struggling to beat the second part actually), maybe they should all be made before releasing any of them so time is less of a factor to consider.

Or keep doing them how you are doing them. If you would have waited until the whole series was done, there is a good chance we would have never been able to play them.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Wheatmidge on November 03, 2012, 07:26:16 PM
Quote from: 4xC on October 24, 2012, 07:14:54 PM

Or keep doing them how you are doing them. If you would have waited until the whole series was done, there is a good chance we would have never been able to play them.
exactly... I'm kind of running into a wall on the 3rd map, but maps 4 and 5 should be fun. (though mind-bogglingly complicated) If Part 4 has field-related-lagg-issues, I just give up.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

4xC

Give up ,and you might look as bad to a lot of people as the Firefly TV show series. (maybe not to me, but you may to plenty of others).It cancled before finishing its first season.
C,C,C,C

Ebon Heart

Quote from: 4xC on November 09, 2012, 11:17:21 AM
Give up ,and you might look as bad to a lot of people as the Firefly TV show series. (maybe not to me, but you may to plenty of others).It cancled before finishing its first season.
I won't give up, don't worry... though I may have gotten addicted to a game called League of Legends that seems to have killed what little free time I tend to have now adays. :P

lurkily

Quote from: 4xC on November 09, 2012, 11:17:21 AM
Don't blame those who made the series, blame the network that cancelled them.

They completed the series in a movie and released unexplored backstory in graphic novels - the makers of the series didn't abandon it.

Ebon Heart

I'm back from the dead!~~~~~~~~
And with that comes more work on this dead series. So far I have given up on ATF3 and moved straight to ATF4 because reasons.
Part 4 is going to feature a boss battle with the dragon from the first map, and I'm working with two basic ideas for it. Both of these are very rough and would be tweaked hugely, of course.
Idea 1:
Spoiler

This features a large open map for the dragon to fly around. It can fly into/out of any of those fire portals around the edges. Reactors in the walls give you power if you can manage to build beacons and keep them alive. The emitters in the middle purely feed creeper to the dragon, which spits fireballs and summons drones as it comes out of portals. The numbers represent a possible order.

[close]

Idea 2:
Spoiler

This is a less open map with more to fight through. There would be a segmented level of some kind (with gimmicks in every section I'm sure). The dragon has less options, and will go between the sections ruining your progress and potentially forcing a hasty retreat. After you've taken out all the emitters the dragon will stop being fueled and can be killed.

[close]

Both of these can be tweaked a lot, as I said. Also, a note on this fight: After the dragon goes leaves the map, it will likely stay off for 5-10 seconds, or maybe more, during which time you will have a visual cue of which portal it is coming out of next. This will probably be bubbling creeper, or even something as simple as an arrow. Regardless, I'm going to try to keep as much randomness out of this fight as possible, as this has a tendency of ruining every single boss made in this game. I solemnly swear the dragon will be predictable and you will be able to deal with him without studying the map in advance.

Someone

Ebon Heart

No I super died again. But I did promise that I would post some beta versions of parts 3 and 4 of this series. They'll just be less refined.
One of the big issues with continuing this series is that part 3 will NOT live up to the expectations of the first 2 maps no matter what I do.