@Atomicfrog

Started by Helper, August 15, 2021, 09:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helper

AF - any chance of you posting a couple of screen grabs from your (e) maps (or any other maps he's posted by different names)?
From any map do like a 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 shot?

I figure you must have some unique way of using the AoO's he provides, and I just can't figure it out.
If you want to keep your super powers secret, that's OK too.
Your times are consistently noteworthy.

Thanks,
H

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on August 15, 2021, 09:13:01 AM
AF - any chance of you posting a couple of screen grabs from your (e) maps (or any other maps he's posted by different names)?
From any map do like a 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 shot?

I figure you must have some unique way of using the AoO's he provides, and I just can't figure it out.
If you want to keep your super powers secret, that's OK too.
Your times are consistently noteworthy.

Thanks,
H

i would say "suspiciously" not "consistantly" personally.

Some of those times seem impossible... map 10073 Atom2 by Atomicfrog... no inhib for a quick kill... 25 emitters at 50-150 x 5 to 19... 5 converts and 5 freezes... 20 spores at 6 to 10 per wave per tower, waves at 1000 and 1800 (not long delays at start either) 10 to 100 payloads... and 10 AETs at 25 to 50 range.  total energy in packs is 10K approx, but the packs are not easy to get to all of them.

i don't think a 5:52.5 is at all reasonable.

i do think yups 17:16.5 is reasonable.

if Atomicfrog is legit then that player is hands down the most efficient CW2 player ever and even RrR and D0m0nik could learn a lot.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

I know what you mean, but I can also remember when some guy came blasting in with IMPOSSIBLE times and damn near everyone was calling for his ouster.
Name of EA4301...or something like that.
;)

Heading out for a Friday night mask free fun time.
Check with you later.
H

Atomicfrog

Hey Helper, sorry I didn't see this earlier, I don't check forums often.

My basic strategy for those (e)-style maps is to land near an energy packet, ideally on a safe island and preferably with other energy packs nearby. The moment the siphon is built, I pause and build out a relay and collector network on all of the safe islands I can reach. I try to get to any distant, safe energy packs ASAP. I start building the forge immediately and go for aether packets also. Depending on the map, I'll build a few guppies also. I build reactors gradually as excess energy allows, planning for when the energy siphons run out. The maps are large though, and collectors alone produce a decent energy supply.

I also place nullifiers (on safe islands) to take out any emitter or spore tower that's on the edge of another island. Once the forge is built and collecting aether, I prioritize packet speed and build speed(I'll get to 10-15 packet and max build speed by the end of the game). I may build a couple cannons/mortars/sprayers early if I need to keep a pathway open. The first safe power zone usually gets a bertha, and most other power zones get reactors, mortars, or beams. I don't worry about beam defenses for the first couple of minutes.

I try to use the AoO as efficiently as possible. I will sometimes send 2-3 guppies out together and drop a freeze/convert combo in a spot where I can nullify 4-5 emitters/towers. Even if the emitters that aren't that close together, dropping the AoO centrally located to them and placing the nullifiers on the edge of the converted area can cover a wide range. Where air-exclusion makes this difficult, I sometimes send a power-zoned relay deep into creeper territory for a similar effect. If packet/build speed is high enough, I can nullify an emitter, then use the power zone created to nullify additional emitters before the timer runs out.

Just as a general strategy, I pause a LOT. A five-minute game might easily take 20 minutes or more. I'll try to get some screenshots from a game next time.

I'm happy to clarify anything above if there's any questions.

Atomicfrog

Here's a set of screenshots from a re-playthrough of (e)-28. I managed to shave off about 1:30 from my previous time, but it probably took about 45 mins with frequent pausing.

I didn't get the forge in the later screenshots, but build speed was maxed by around 4-5 mins, packet speed was about 10-12, unit upgrades were 2/5 or 3/5 by the end. I also got energy generation to 5/10 (I think). I did go into heavy energy deficit briefly in the middle.

Helper

AF - thank you for the detailed reply.
Lots of good tips here.

I have to really start working on better use of the AoO's.
I do use them some, but almost always have a few left over at the end.

Also, using multiple Guppies (or a PZ Relay) to create an Emitter PZ and then take out multiple targets is a real game changer.
Kind of a domino effect (which is different from the D0m0nik effect).

Thanks again,
H

(Screen shots are worth a thousand words.)

D0m0nik

I forgot DMD existed, so many great maps to play. This is my favourite type of map. After the above talk I couldn't help but have a swing at E28!

I remember people used to question Alter Old's time years ago, he can beat any of my times by about 20%, after many accusations of cheating he created a Youtube chanel with a few videos. Different level, absolute perfection.