Ship designs won't save

Started by DigUpSkulls, February 24, 2018, 08:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigUpSkulls

I can't find any help on this. In ship editor when I make a ship it won't save. All I am getting is a white square in the middle of the screen. I've tried pressing the "Create New Ship" button before making a new ship and after making a ship and get the same results each time.

GoodMorning

The most common cause of this is not hitting "apply" before exiting the editor or starting a new ship.

Yes, it is an odd one.

Does that help?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

DigUpSkulls

Apply button never appears in the editor.

GoodMorning

This apply button?

If that doesn't appear, you have larger problems.

Oh, wait...

I cannot test this, but you may need to enter a ship name, hit "create new ship", and then start drawing.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

bluebolt

No there has to be a name before it will create a ship, so that won't be the problem
Even YOU may survive an apocalypse! Fight back against the creeper today!

bluebolt

The white square you are talking about surrounds the Command Module right? That's actually basic hull. Press 'EDIT HULL'(top right) to paint hull, and armor. And to make sure the ship is being properly created, the make 2 with the same name. The second shouldn't create because the first one exists. Not entirely sure what else your problem could be without more information :l
Even YOU may survive an apocalypse! Fight back against the creeper today!

Sorrontis

Hello DigUp.

Can you provide us with a sreenshot of the game when you first create a ship?

Is it possible you mistakenly deleted the Command Module? It sounds like there's no Command Module.

Also, did you potentially erase some of the hull from under any of the modules? If you place any module, and mistakenly erase a square of hull under it, the module will turn red and you will not be able to save the ship.

Are you sure that all the hull is connected? You should get an error message that says that some of the hull is not connected. This will prevent you from saving the ship.

Also, if none of those are the problem, I'm going to need you to give me a debug file (https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=21330.0).

But first, a screen shot.

Also, is this your first time running the game? Did you previously make ships and now it doesn't work anymore - or has it never worked?

If this is the first time you tried to run the game and make a ship, you could have a bad install - or a corrupt file. Restart your computer (and if on steam, check file integrity). You might have to reinstall the game.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

DigUpSkulls

Command module is still there, Names are there. No matter how many times I edit the ship the apply button at the bottom of the screen never appears. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I haven't gotten any error messages.  I have tried pressing the Create New Ship button before and after making a ship all with the same result.

FOXX

Hi DigUpSkulls,

After you press Create new Ship you have to click on the Ships name in the list before you can save your progress.
If you press Create new Ship and immediately start editing then the Apply Button doesn't show up.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS