Custom Map #349: The puzzle

Started by AutoPost, October 20, 2011, 07:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kithros

Quote from: MadMurphy on October 21, 2011, 01:24:26 PM
Not a fan of these glitches. I would at least like some documentation on it so that it is clear.

Makes me think a lot of the high scores are suspect to glitching now.

In normal maps it is completely impossible to actually get creeper up to that kind of density - all of repulsors, and level 1 through 3 fields are pretty much completely negligible when dealing with such ridiculous densities, so unless you have level 4 fields pushing creeper all into a single subcell, it pretty much won't happen unintentionally (unless you're making a stupid map with way too high densities). The only map in the database I have seen so far where it was unintended and viable to take advantage of this is 'Annoying' (the name) - and since it's a map that was designed to be annoying.. well, I don't feel much sympathy for that.

There are some other maps where it's *possible*, but the amount of time it would take to get it to overflow is.. longer than the high scores. To put it in perspective, this is more than twice the density of that bottom-left square in cubic.

Henrik

Quote from: Grauniad on October 20, 2011, 09:22:02 AM
I couldn't solve this. But then, I'm notoriously bad with this "creeper into anti-creeper" thing.

Activate "show creeper fields" (the circle to the left of the "Techs" bar). Then it probably will become a little bit more clear what to do.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: NNR_Alex on October 21, 2011, 02:11:26 AM
So this whole 'making AC' thing is exploiting a glitch, or is it a legitimate tactic with some explanation (in story) about how creeper at high concentration can become anti creeper?

Despite being an intentional feature, I'm not sure I like it.

However, I do draw some comfort from a number of 'real world' analogues.

One inverse example being Oxygen - the giver of life which you'd die without - which becomes toxic when compressed to too high a concentration...
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.