Started by AutoPost, September 11, 2011, 09:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #188: ETF10: Rocks of the Fallen

Author: eighttailedfox

Desc:
EightTailedFox Mission 10: Rocks of the Fallen

Ebon Heart

On the bottom mapmod comment add, "but overall, very fun map. Pretty well balanced, and interesting idea" to it. Lol. My bad... :)
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Katra

Really nice fight. There is a trick to killing the emitters - Took me at least 5 blasters, several launchers, a shield, and a maker to kill the first three for each chamber. (Lost all the makers.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

eighttailedfox

Quote from: Katra on September 11, 2011, 11:07:31 PM
Really nice fight. There is a trick to killing the emitters - Took me at least 5 blasters, several launchers, a shield, and a maker to kill the first three for each chamber. (Lost all the makers.)

It is indeed a tough fight. I had quite a lot of trouble before solving the puzzle myself.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: eighttailedfox on September 11, 2011, 11:19:00 PM

It is indeed a tough fight. I had quite a lot of trouble before solving the puzzle myself.
You had Colin beat it and submit the score under your name. :P I started it, but decided I didn't have the patience.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Colin

If you need some help getting at the "faux nexi", use a few
repulsars for the first three. Never forget to use repulsars.
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

eighttailedfox

Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 11, 2011, 11:26:24 PM
Quote from: eighttailedfox on September 11, 2011, 11:19:00 PM

You had Colin beat it and submit the score under your name. :P I started it, but decided I didn't have the patience.

Shhhhhh. My fans don't need to know that.

DethbyIT

Fun stuff!
Took me way too long to figure it out, but the bad guys are all dead and the good guys are moving on down the road.
Just the way it's 'posed to be.
Thank you.
dbit

JLRodgers

I must be missing something.... but if I collect the holocube (within 6 minutes), build up 15 weapons (9 blasters + 6 launchers, and even 3 repulsors) to fight just one stream, it doesn't matter, it can't fight it back.  Even going at it sideways does nothing (other than lose).  I managed to build about 40 weapons, and it still wiped everything out.

Any hint to what I'm missing? 

Kithros

First off, I wouldn't recommend using any repulsors on this map - repulsors are not good when used in the opposite direction of fields typically.

You pretty much just need to build shields in front of each of the paths, and have about 5 launchers on each side (wait a long time before building the launchers, there's plenty of room to build shields across to stall for an extremely long time) - on the side with the drone you should have 2-3 blasters set to drone only (make sure they're right next to the shield so the drone doesn't hit the shield), and let the launchers clear out the creeper until it's down to a manageable density - move back a few squares and build more shields if necessary. After that you just need to use about 4-5 blasters along with a 2-3 launchers supporting them to push forward to the emitters and make room for the nullifier. Fire rate upgrades help a lot at that point since it's very narrow and it can be a little annoying making room for the nullifier.

JLRodgers

The simple thing of setting blasters to target drones only made the difference!  Thanks :) 

Dirtydog

Having one  hell of a time with this map.  I guess multitasking is not one of my strong points!  i get as far as blocking the creeper at each dam, but never have enough launchers to back it up, then i lose one dam and all hell breaks loose. Anyone got a screenshot to post as a hint to get started?

davidp

Here's a big hint that helped me
Spoiler

Put lots of shields in the path of each "river".
There are fields that push the creeper down the river to the end where it pools up quite thick.
Cut into the river further up where the creeper is thinner. 
The work your way down the river towards your shields.  Lots of room for launchers.
[close]

tornado

I'm replaying this series and this one mission has been a sticking point for me.
Ive gotten bits of a fleeting defense and a boatload of shields and I'm still not able to set up a launcher position capable of holding its own or a power supply large enough to keep me alive. any help would be massively appreciated.
And yes i have read through the hints given and i still don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

ea3401

Quote from: tornado on October 16, 2015, 03:33:20 PM
... a power supply large enough to keep me alive.
Just do what Kithros wrote, especially "wait a long time before building the launchers"