Custom Map #180: Super cillidor 2

Started by AutoPost, September 11, 2011, 10:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #180: Super cillidor 2

Author: Olson

Desc:
Yeah,I hate creating fields and seting the frames and all that,you get it.

Ebon Heart

This looks an awful lot like my map. I'm fine with people using my ideas, but plz, just ask first. Either send me a PM, or my email is available under my profile. :P
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Michionlion

It is actually illigal to copy it... all maps are copyrights of knuckle cracker.  Soo... yeah.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Michionlion on September 11, 2011, 11:27:20 AM
It is actually illigal to copy it... all maps are copyrights of knuckle cracker.  Soo... yeah.
Actually, I don't believe knucklecracker has any official copyrights to any maps publisher. Though the map Authors technically have copyrights to their own maps.  Copyrights can be transferred with permission, but in this case, Olson didn't ask for permission. If I had to guess though, i'd say Olson's just a little kid and doesn't know any better. (UpperKEES is the one who shared the copyrights facts... Somewhere. :P) besides, this map is far enough off from the original that all we can do is be mad about it. It's like a generic product. You know it's a knockoff of something, but you can't do anything about it.
EDIT: I'm not too upset. After all, mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery. :P

mthw2vc

Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 11, 2011, 11:38:07 AM
Quote from: Michionlion on September 11, 2011, 11:27:20 AM
It is actually illigal to copy it... all maps are copyrights of knuckle cracker.  Soo... yeah.
Actually, I don't believe knucklecracker has any official copyrights to any maps publisher. Though the map Authors technically have copyrights to their own maps.  Copyrights can be transferred with permission, but in this case, Olson didn't ask for permission. If I had to guess though, i'd say Olson's just a little kid and doesn't know any better. (UpperKEES is the one who shared the copyrights facts... Somewhere. :P) besides, this map is far enough off from the original that all we can do is be mad about it. It's like a generic product. You know it's a knockoff of something, but you can't do anything about it.
EDIT: I'm not too upset. After all, mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery. :P
From the terms and conditions:
QuoteWHEREAS, Developer desires to acquire rights, ownership, and all intellectual property rights to use content developed by Contributor pursuant to the terms set forth in this agreement.
You posted the original supercollider; it isn't yours anymore. That said, the best course of action is simply to leave the map here. Take it as a compliment. Someone liked your map enough that they wanted to, and indeed, did make a fan sequel.

Ebon Heart

Meh, like I said, mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery. :P