Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ea3401

Quote from: OdnaZvezda on June 03, 2013, 02:45:08 PM
dia on Large/High

Use a dark beam and switch it on and off until energy production is high enough.

ea3401

Quote from: Sushiman118 on June 03, 2013, 03:43:15 PM
Sun Nest Help on Large/High

The same tactic for "Sun Nest Help".

xoft

Quote from: ea3401 on June 03, 2013, 07:50:02 PM
Quote from: OdnaZvezda on June 03, 2013, 02:45:08 PM
dia on Large/High

Use a dark beam and switch it on and off until energy production is high enough.

How do you go from the very start? I tried this level, but the creeper floods me before I can build anything.

Neko187

Nest How Ring on small/high seems impossible, or at least just REALLY ANNOYING. open drones on the surface, followed by strong drones, followed by lots and lots of hyper drones. And one of the gateways spams phantoms at you.

EDIT: another one. ground two boat on small/high
this one i'm almost certain is impossible. no room, and two drone breakouts within the first 2 minutes
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

ea3401

Quote from: xoft on June 06, 2013, 03:16:15 PM
How do you go from the very start? I tried this level, but the creeper floods me before I can build anything.

I started with both gems. Then NanoChips for "unit cost 20%".
You can use shields or repulsors to hold the creeper back long enough.
Try not to a kill a single drone. Just fly around.

ea3401

Quote from: Sushiman118 on June 06, 2013, 03:47:39 PM
Nest How Ring on small/high seems impossible, or at least just REALLY ANNOYING. open drones on the surface, followed by strong drones, followed by lots and lots of hyper drones. And one of the gateways spams phantoms at you.

Not annoying at all. It's a very fun map. You need a lot of blasters and anticreeper and shields to come to grips with all these drones.

xoft

Quote from: ea3401 on June 06, 2013, 03:48:55 PM
[...] Try not to a kill a single drone. Just fly around.
For some reason I've never been able to do that. The drones always catch up with the ship pretty easily :(
Do you have a tutorial for this technique? ;)

ea3401

Quote from: xoft on June 08, 2013, 02:49:52 PM

There is even a special training map for drone evasion: Nor'easter

Neko187

Quote from: xoft on June 08, 2013, 02:49:52 PM
Quote from: ea3401 on June 06, 2013, 03:48:55 PM
[...] Try not to a kill a single drone. Just fly around.
For some reason I've never been able to do that. The drones always catch up with the ship pretty easily :(
seconded. It's just so hard to get the balance between taking out as many drones as you can and dying.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

Wheatmidge

The basic trick to drone evasion is to move on diagonals. If you move in a diamond pattern you can evade the drones forever.

ea3401

Custom map #2320 will be a special drone evasion map.  :)

Anarchy Ape

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. I beat it on large/high, but can't make any headway on large/medium.  Drones just come to fast and add in the phantoms.  Hopefully someone can beat this.

Neko187

-OSC

Kava09

I did POW!!! on small/high in 27 minutes :)

asmussen

Quote from: Anarchy Ape on June 14, 2013, 01:46:20 PM
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. I beat it on large/high, but can't make any headway on large/medium.  Drones just come to fast and add in the phantoms.  Hopefully someone can beat this.

I just posted a score on this map. It's not too difficult to get started on this one, as long as you use some of the tricks for dealing with drones that are exposed at the beginning. I built a shield first to take out the first couple of drones (Shields are good at keeping drones away without having to outlay a lot of energy first). Then, I grabbed the green gem. With a little energy in store, I then built a few reactors (But not too many, because I didn't want to run out of crystal energy before getting the red crystal), and two blasters. I continued to build shields before the previous one was destroyed, but without building them all at once, using up all of my energy stores. Once you get the red gem, your blasters should be just about finished building, and you can use them to hold off the drones, the rest of your crystal energy to build more reactors, and of course build one or two phantom coils before the first spore attack.
Shawn Asmussen