Stranded... Feedback

Started by knucracker, November 27, 2009, 07:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

I up'd the difficulty on this to medium rather than posting it at trivial.  I might have missed something obvious, but it took me just a little while to get those emitters capped and finish the level.

Cool level, though.  I like fighting out from the middle like that.

Mrmcdeath

Thanks i wanted something that you had to think of where you were going to start and how you are going to get around it. Had to place the emitters somewhere didn't I? ;D And i didn't know what to make the difficulty as so i just put trivial.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

djcian

the map was great i loved having to defend from all sides but i was able to get to the north east totem without fighting the creeper by using relays.
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Mrmcdeath

Right now im going to make a easy and hardcore version. The easy version will have mortars already built and the creeper toned down a bit.  The hardcore version will have the creeper emitters going even harder. :D And i may color it... :D
Edit: Made the easy and hardcore versions and sent them in. Just waiting till they get posted.
Edit: Easy and Hardcore versions are posted.
Life Lesson #1
Life Lesson #2

Mrmcdeath

Second mission is up and waiting for review. Hopefully it will get done tonight. :P  I would love to hear feedback about how it is. COMING UP NEXT: Number 3 and maybe a prequel?  ::)
Edit: Second mission is posted. Thanks Virgil.
Life Lesson #1
Life Lesson #2

knucracker

I love island maps.... don't know why... just do.  This one is neat since one of the islands (the volcano) is the source of the creeper.  I had to surround that thing with blasters to get collectors close enough to the totems to connect.

Mrmcdeath

I wanted one where you had to rely on just one of your weapons to push back the creeper. The next might involve mortars  ;)
Life Lesson #1
Life Lesson #2

knucracker

Sorry.... I'm losing my mind :)  That's what I get for playing all of these games back to back.  Yeah, I really liked stranded 2.... I only created two mortars to keep the creeper beat down.  After that it was all blasters for the rest of the game. I did eventually move the original mortars up to help a little bit, but the blasters did most of the work.

Mrmcdeath

I got most of the 3rd one done. Still need to build emitters and the story then test it. If it is good then i will put it up within the hour.
Edit: I might have to redo this one. I havent even put the emitters and i still think that it will be too easy. Just make a couple mortars and you will be fine. So im going to redo that map. Heres a picture of what it looks like. http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae277/soulripper12/?action=view&current=StrandedX.png
Life Lesson #1
Life Lesson #2

Aurzel

it seems to me, if i'm right about what the object placement will be, that to make it harder you dont need to redo it, just place emitters closer to the city so that the player has to take care of those first, in the mean time the other emitters should be close to filling up the bowl or already spilling out

Mrmcdeath

I totally redid it as another level. There is almost no resemblence. But my computer went out right near the end. So I need to redo it. It wasn't hard to make so i'll just make it again.
Life Lesson #1
Life Lesson #2

Mrmcdeath

Third mission is finally done and waiting for review. Took me forever just to redo it. I actually made a couple "changes" and made it harder.  ;D For some reason I just love making maps. And somehow my mousepad on my laptop is going out. I am going to need to get a mouse.  >:(
Life Lesson #1
Life Lesson #2

Mrmcdeath

Third mission is up for review. Has a little backstory too. :D
Life Lesson #1
Life Lesson #2

knucracker

On this one I shot straight across the left to colonize the pads.  Then I hit the lower right and upper right emitters so I could cap them off.  I only built a single mortar in the middle of the map to keep the  center most emitters at bay.  The mortar could reach them completely, but it was close enough to keep them beat down.  Once I had dealt with them and capped them it was then on to a full assault on the gigantically deep pool I had let built up on the left.

It always feels good to throw your full armed might against that much Creeper.  Mortars, blasters and a drone made quick work of it.  The resulting spike in the end of game graphs for Creeper killed is always a welcome sight :)

Mrmcdeath

Really the ones north and south are just a ruse. You don't have to worry about it at the beggining. What you should worry about is getting up to the top of the map and building a couple mortars to stop the huge flow.
Life Lesson #1
Life Lesson #2