A couple of suggestions

Started by pi4t, February 23, 2010, 05:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pi4t

First, make the building costs editable in the map editor.

Second, make the game/animation continue after Odin City has escaped, if the player wants to. After winning, change the 'exit game' button to a 'finish level' button.

The smoking revolver

There is always a I in team

Spartan

And that was a smart and constructive comment.

pi4t: I think costs are perfectly balanced now and any tampering would mess up the game but for your second suggestion, I would love to see the death of those poor souls that get left behind. Just have a button that lets you keep watching until whenever you're done along with one that goes directly to scores. I bet it wouldn't be too hard for virgil to implement either.

P.S. Your second suggestion was already suggested in another thread so try using search next time before making a new topic.
"I wonder why we think faster than we can speak." (Calvin)
"Probably so we can think twice." (Hobbes)

pi4t

My point is that, for instance, in a game where you try to reach the rift totems ASAP, collectors are better. If you made the cost 10 more strategy would be needed: when do I stop making collectors (for energy) and start making relays (for speed in reaching the totems)

And with the other point, sorry, I'll look next time :)

Sqaz

Changing the costs of buildings for every map will be way to complicated, if you make collectors cost 20 for instance, you just build reactors and relays.

Capn Trey

Quote from: Sqaz on February 25, 2010, 01:19:10 PM
Changing the costs of buildings for every map will be way to complicated

I agree, that would be like every level having a different shade for elevation... oh wait...

archn

Quote from: Sqaz on February 25, 2010, 01:19:10 PM
Changing the costs of buildings for every map will be way to complicated, if you make collectors cost 20 for instance, you just build reactors and relays.

Disagree...

auiotour

Quote from: pi4t on February 23, 2010, 05:19:15 PM

I back your idea, though I can see from the masses they do not quite understand the great value in this. Allowing the difficulty to be adjusted even further is always great. Specially when users are playing "CUSTOM MAPS". Allowing the ability to customize these maps in nearly every shape and way is something that made the Starcraft Custom Map Community. I could easily see allowing the player on maps I want to design to use drones and morters but making them extremely expensive, so they can't flood the map with um easily. Or making Reactors more expensive so you can't build a million and flood the level. My girlfriend is much better at CW and I, but I don't tend to play with Mortar's and Drones. She does, and she uses um to finish levels extremely quickly. I would like to prevent that, not entirely but by a set number. Say oh Drones are 250 energy. Are they helpful? Yes, are they over powered yea they are. You know it, and so do I. Limiting how many can be build due to energy costs would be a great way to customize the maps.

Clippy

Quote from: auiotour on March 01, 2010, 09:20:33 PM
Quote from: pi4t on February 23, 2010, 05:19:15 PM

I back your idea, though I can see from the masses they do not quite understand the great value in this. Allowing the difficulty to be adjusted even further is always great. Specially when users are playing "CUSTOM MAPS". Allowing the ability to customize these maps in nearly every shape and way is something that made the Starcraft Custom Map Community. I could easily see allowing the player on maps I want to design to use drones and morters but making them extremely expensive, so they can't flood the map with um easily. Or making Reactors more expensive so you can't build a million and flood the level. My girlfriend is much better at CW and I, but I don't tend to play with Mortar's and Drones. She does, and she uses um to finish levels extremely quickly. I would like to prevent that, not entirely but by a set number. Say oh Drones are 250 energy. Are they helpful? Yes, are they over powered yea they are. You know it, and so do I. Limiting how many can be build due to energy costs would be a great way to customize the maps.

Agreed... gives more options for the map makers to create a very challenging map