Main Menu

6th elevation

Started by wibby50, January 13, 2010, 06:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wibby50

Hey there! I bought this game, beat the campaign, and working on spec ops right now. I also tried out the map maker, and I loved it! I noticed that ingame, there is a 6th elevation block which, I assume, is there to show creeper on the 5th elevation. I was wondering if the 6th elevation could be put to use? Creeper couldn't creep over it, but Mortars couldn't shoot over it either. What do you think?

haloguy48

Quote from: wibby50 on January 13, 2010, 06:18:53 PM
Hey there! I bought this game, beat the campaign, and working on spec ops right now. I also tried out the map maker, and I loved it! I noticed that ingame, there is a 6th elevation block which, I assume, is there to show creeper on the 5th elevation. I was wondering if the 6th elevation could be put to use? Creeper couldn't creep over it, but Mortars couldn't shoot over it either. What do you think?

that fills for other suggestions of 'unbuildable' zones. Support.
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
Building campaigns from the echos of forgotten experiences.
~Pew Pew Pew!~

knucracker

Everyone is about to get something sorta close to this.  I'm adding 'crazonium' walls right now to the current drop.  Yes, it was a last minute addition.  These walls can be placed on a custom map and are made out of crazonium; a substance that the creeper can never decay or penetrate... the only problem is your power lines can't penetrate them either!

Walls made from crazonium can be used to create un-buildable areas, or permanent geometry to contain or funnel the creeper.  I don't expect them to be that big of a deal, but they are one more small option for map builders.

Karsten75

Quote from: virgilw on January 13, 2010, 08:17:47 PM
Everyone is about to get something sorta close to this.  I'm adding 'crazonium' walls right now to the current drop.  Yes, it was a last minute addition.  These walls can be placed on a custom map and are made out of crazonium; a substance that the creeper can never decay or penetrate... the only problem is your power lines can't penetrate them either!

Walls made from crazonium can be used to create un-buildable areas, or permanent geometry to contain or funnel the creeper.  I don't expect them to be that big of a deal, but they are one more small option for map builders.

Ok, but how about a unit that can destroy crazonium walls?

Joselito

yeah... good idea. but are you going to put crazonium(lol) in any of the campaign, Special OPS or conquest maps
or will just put in the map editor?
"then it comes to be that sooting light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way" - James Hetfield At song: No leaf clover

knucracker

Only custom maps.... I don't want to disturb any of the original missions in cw1. 

Besides crazonium walls, there is also one more thing you can put on custom maps.  Both are just things to provide a little more spice to custom maps.

More official units and missions that incorporate them (with story), will have to come in an expansion pack.

As for destroying crazonium walls..... nothing (known to humanity) can destroy crazonium.  If the creeper can't touch it, nothing humanity has can touch it.

nic nac

but humanity, if anything of that is left, can kick the creeper...
the problem with some maps is that you can keep the creep in a check mate it cant win.

i guess that people would develop a new culture on top of that, that centers around keeping the creeper far enough away and stuff.
logical S... means big S... - me