Custom Map #1021: Double or Dead!?!

Started by AutoPost, April 11, 2012, 01:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1021: Double or Dead!?!

Author: lvdata

Desc:
The creeper doubles in each room. Can you destroy it? Is it mathematically possible?

North Korean

Fun concept!! I liked it and the design of the map as well.

Spoiler
Turns out that weapon with unlimited damage out performs everything
[close]

bram

I liked your map, it was very challenging and a great concept :)

Katra

Tech is needed ASAP. Can't reach the blaster tech without it.

I ended up with some interesting dark beam 'art' in the bottom chambers. And trying to slip one mirror past the (almost) solid line of drones was quite a trick. I finally succeeded by launching a spread.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

pocketdare

Nice touch beginning with no tech - particularly the devilish touch of putting the blaster tech (almost) out of reach. Had to act fast to get that one with the paultry three blasters available. After that it's a bit of a slog though - Very doable particularly once you obtain the dark beam. Unfortunately have to wait ages to obtain the mirror while the cell slowly drains into the beam at the base. Once the mirror is obtained the remaining cells are a cakewalk with the exception of the cell at the end with the continuous drone spawn. After waiting a bit, I realised that I could just barely construct a mirror two blocks inside the room, and then one at the base to destroy the drone spawn in the bottom right corner.

viva la mother ship!

Dark Dragon

omg ive tried and tried and i still cant get this one figured out :(

teknotiss

Quote from: Dark Dragon on November 22, 2012, 02:01:47 PM
omg ive tried and tried and i still cant get this one figured out :(

i'll try to get you going then!
the trick in the start is to keep each emitter under control
i started by moving my LS and blaster down to the right, close to the diggable terrain. i dug straight to the right and dug up the solid wall until i was one square above the first emitter, then dug right until i could collect the techs (start building reactors asap), use the blaster to reduce the creeper.
while doing that also build beacons to get hold of both other blasters, set them to reducing the creeper at their local emitters, not the emitters themselves but the pools of creeper they are massing, use pairs of blasters if necessary.

get the wormhole tech and the "tech" tech. build many tech reactors i built 15 then go for weapon
fire rate, with only three blasters 20+ reactors are more than enough power.

put a wormhole near your LS, a few squares to the left of the first emitter, again to the left of the second emitter and one more on the left of the third emitters chamber low down 4 or so squares up from the diggable terrain. this will let you jump your blasters from point to point to reduce the threats as it re-emerges.
then you need to get all creeper low and open the forth chamber with all three blasters ready, wait to reduce and then send one blaster through and presto once you have blasters you should be good to go!
hope that helps  8) if not just ask again!  ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus