Custom Map #341: Player NooB 1

Started by AutoPost, October 19, 2011, 01:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #341: Player NooB 1

Author: PLaYBoYCPo[BRaZiLiaN

Desc:
Hey Quem Gostou deixa comentario!!! Quem nun gostou deixa tbm kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

xing

do you like digging ?
do you want a map you can leave digging out rock for 20 mins before you actually  get to the finish ?
if you answered yes then this is the map for you ... if not look elsewhere

UmberGryphon

If you don't dig to your anti-creeper generators, around the 2:30 mark giant amounts of creeper appear on top of them.  If you do dig to them, that giant amount of creeper appears as far forward as the anti-creeper flow has gotten.  Later in the map, digging sometimes results in large blobs of creeper, even though the 'r' key didn't show anything under that terrain.

How is that done?  I opened the map in the editor, but it was the first time I'd ever used the editor and I couldn't see anything that looked suspicious.

Kithros

As far as the first issue goes - I'm pretty sure what you're seeing is just the overflow when the anti-creeper reaches 2147M density - when either creeper or anti-creeper goes above that in a single subcell, it will overflow into anti-creeper/creeper respectively.

As far as the digging having creeper appear, I would guess that's simply a result of pin fields teleporting creeper from  somewhere across the map -  which is incredibly stupid in my opinion, but oh well (this coming from someone who hasn't played the map past the first few seconds or looked at it in the editor - just a guess, I can't be bothered to play this map).

Grauniad

Fittingly, my rough translation of the author's description is "He who liked, leave a comment. He who doesn't, leave." :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon