Custom Map #8111: HAPPY old NEW YEAR!. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, January 14, 2020, 07:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8111: HAPPY old NEW YEAR!

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
As I know TODAY in Russia - NEW YEAR (in old style). Also today New Year in Serbia and in some German-speaking cantons of Switzerland (Alter Silvester) and some other countries. CORKY wish You HAPPY NEW YEAR! :) Be ready to re-start game at the beginning: some logical and simple trick exist. Attention: not all small absorbers give you only Green Power Towers, but it can be Red Towers! #BravoCornucanis #BravoKajacx #BravoRegallion #BravoBuilder17 #ThanksToGoodMorning #BravoVirgil #GoodLu

meitemark

Managed to complete it without getting any -2 Power Towers and only one red crystal.

Twi

Impressive! The tricks were interesting, and I was able to avoid like half of the -2 powers, but I still ended up activating 4 by the end. (Well, 2  to open up the 10 and 9 gates and also grab those crystals, since I figured I'd make up for it with upgrades anyways. And then two at the end just to grab the one emitter hiding behind gate number 9 for no reason-)
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

chwooly

I am sorry, I am just not enjoying these new maps as much as I did the older ones. Before with red and green towers and crystals pausing was not a requirement, Now because of the over use of absorbers you have to PAUSE almost every single time to make sure that the absorber isn't going to suck up all your AC because it requires too much to be converted, Or behind is an emitter that you don't have the AC necessary to over come it, or it is a red tower, or some other mechanic is being used that you are not prepared for. The over use of gates that require energy to open is another annoyance to me, Just either leave them open and give us more blockers or don't but stop making everything require energy to be operated. As I have mentioned the spore enhancers would be ok if you could turn them off, Other wise they are just an unneeded energy drain that adds nothing to the map other then raising the frustration level.

I was so looking forward to a map that I could give an honest 10 to but this is another that will be put on the low score side.

Cheers

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

dkwkrp

I felt this map was designed in a similar way to 888.
Maybe more advanced? Good map.

Twi

Quote from: chwooly on January 14, 2020, 10:40:18 PM
I am sorry, I am just not enjoying these new maps as much as I did the older ones. Before with red and green towers and crystals pausing was not a requirement, Now because of the over use of absorbers you have to PAUSE almost every single time to make sure that the absorber isn't going to suck up all your AC because it requires too much to be converted, Or behind is an emitter that you don't have the AC necessary to over come it, or it is a red tower, or some other mechanic is being used that you are not prepared for. The over use of gates that require energy to open is another annoyance to me, Just either leave them open and give us more blockers or don't but stop making everything require energy to be operated. As I have mentioned the spore enhancers would be ok if you could turn them off, Other wise they are just an unneeded energy drain that adds nothing to the map other then raising the frustration level.

I was so looking forward to a map that I could give an honest 10 to but this is another that will be put on the low score side.

Cheers

I personally didn't mind the added difficulty, but I do think that if there were more visual indications, that would be great? Right now you have to mouse over absorbers to know what they're going to do, and you have to mouse over emitters to figure out how much they're putting out. If we, say, had some visual difference between absorbers depending on their death behavior (green tower vs red tower vs power zone, at the very least) and we had at least the option to display emitter numbers without needing to mouse over them, that would be really nice? Because, like, they're right, you do kinda need to pause, and it does kill the momentum a bit.

Ask scriptmakers about it, I suppose, because it's not a problem with the map design! The energy requirements for gates and spore enhancers didn't really bother me, though the requirements of physically linking did sometimes because it's like, I have to put a relay in the exact right spot and it's A Little Bit Tedious.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

chwooly

Quote from: Twi on January 15, 2020, 08:24:35 AM
Quote from: chwooly on January 14, 2020, 10:40:18 PM

Cheers

I personally didn't mind the added difficulty, but I do think that if there were more visual indications, that would be great? Right now you have to mouse over absorbers to know what they're going to do, and you have to mouse over emitters to figure out how much they're putting out. If we, say, had some visual difference between absorbers depending on their death behavior (green tower vs red tower vs power zone, at the very least) and we had at least the option to display emitter numbers without needing to mouse over them, that would be really nice? Because, like, they're right, you do kinda need to pause, and it does kill the momentum a bit.

Ask scriptmakers about it, I suppose, because it's not a problem with the map design! The energy requirements for gates and spore enhancers didn't really bother me, though the requirements of physically linking did sometimes because it's like, I have to put a relay in the exact right spot and it's A Little Bit Tedious.

Great suggestions, and I do agree that it is not the difficulty that I mind so much as game mechanics that destroys the flow. Unfortunately there is no way to just rate the scripts without rating the map.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Sunguard

Russia is here! Thank you for reminding our Old New Year! The map is dog's balls though. So hard goddamit.

yum-forum

Quote from: Sunguard on January 17, 2020, 08:12:23 AM
Russia is here! Thank you for reminding our Old New Year! The map is dog's balls though. So hard goddamit.

As saying in Russia: "hard in training, easy in battle"
Good lu!  :D
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last

Waylum

I can't seem to find info on what smart stargates do? Can you please let me know? Thank you.

yum-forum

Quote from: Waylum on April 27, 2020, 10:37:47 AM
I can't seem to find info on what smart stargates do? Can you please let me know? Thank you.

Smart Stargate (new unit created by Master Builder17) works in the same manner as usual stargates (created by Master Cornucanis) but they need for activation ammo/energy supply.

Good lu, sir!  :)
last

Waylum

Thank you so much! I noticed they need energy but didn't know if it has any special effects.

I really enjoy your maps. Thanks for making them!