Mission 16 suggestion

Started by GoodMorning, September 28, 2016, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

Bertha suggestion:
Spoiler

Instead of a line, make a circular shell, big enough to miss the HQ killzone, spliced into the line. Perhaps have Ana excuse it by a 'targeting disrupter'. Maybe this should only work for the HQ.
[close]
This should require a minimal adjustment to both code and balancing. It even preserves the particle accumulation near the ship.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

Response from Virgil:

QuoteThe main problem happens when some ship other than the HQ is targeted.  If the HQ is nearby, it can get nuked.  That could happen with a line or a circle.  What I've done is added prpl code that makes sure no particle is spawned over the HQ, resulting in instant fail of mission.  The circle thing isn't a bad idea, would make a nice addition to some custom maps.

jaworeq

Spoiler
So THAT'S why virgil insisted on carousel so much...
[close]
Couple of times I still got insta-killed by something ( I guess bertha, since my HQ was way behind). I didn't care that much about not lining up ships, so sure, it's my fault. But it doesn't subtract from the fact, that it was annoying.

Qwerty Quazo

Spoiler
Actually it is not that bad. If you start by amplifying some lathes (actually both and the hq) you can take out all 3 ticon defenses. In this way, you can place about 7 omnis near the planetary cannon to destroy it in less than 5 seconds while another group of 7 omnis destroys the other and BOOM you took only one shot, maybe none. All that in 2 mins or so (at least that's what I did).
[close]
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

GoodMorning

Spoiler
You can also spend that lathe-time on more productive means, and rush the cannons with Omnis. Losses are higher, but you can both have a fleet up and prevent the cannons getting off a shot.
[close]
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Fireball14

Quote from: jaworeq on September 28, 2016, 12:53:31 PM
Couple of times I still got insta-killed by something ( I guess bertha, since my HQ was way behind). I didn't care that much about not lining up ships, so sure, it's my fault. But it doesn't subtract from the fact, that it was annoying.
Actually, my carrier got insta-killed out of the blue. Bertha did not shoot im 100% sure, and there was no enemy particulate since it was stationed inside earth pocket.