Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1026: First

Author: Bram van de Gevel

Desc:
My first map, be honest!

teknotiss

liked it
especially the start, nice use of threats.
hmmm 6/10 would have been higher but the layout was a little awkward (long 1 square corridor).
good use of tech pickup placement
nice drones
make more! ;D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

bram

Thank you for your reply, happy you liked it :). I'll keep the corridor bit in mind for the next one, already working on it :)

teknotiss

glad to hear your making more, we always want more mappers!
the corridor was hardly fatal, just the high health drones would have been a little easier to deal with. because the corridor was long i went in from the tech dome route and spammed blasters i had prebuilt. no worries! :D
i also think the Conv bomb tech was a little pointless. i used it but i had to remember to mine and then dig out the tech, by that point i only had enough creeper for one Cbomb. could have just put it under ground.
but all in all a good map, and excellent for a first map!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Meander

Nice, nice, nice!!!

i was sad it ended so soon ;)
Wonderful map Bram, next one could be a bit harder!

tijno77

how did u get through the first room?

i don't have enouh energy...

teknotiss

the room to the right of your start point has a rift in it. you need to move fast to secure this room from the drones and creeper then you have plenty of time to get ready for the creeper that is breaking throught the decayable terrain.
i think i built reactor and blasters til i had 4 blasters then reactors and launchers.
i also freed the AC in the right hand room early (after blocking in with shields), this left my blasters to hit the drones, whilst the AC and launchers bashed back the creeper.
4 more blasters to push forwards and pin the drones in the gateway, then nullify and you have a reactor room and you can go grab the tech dome pickup above.
4 launchers and a shiled will kill each of the caged creeper squares easy, and you can open that route to the main chamber.
any probs you can post here again and i can post a screenshot of what i mean.
GL