Custom Map: Bored To Death

Started by AutoPost, July 15, 2010, 02:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJY101

I have thought about this map.
Want to use very extreme means to complete
Unfortunately, the failure rate is too high,
need to use L / S (unfortunately cw1 no L / s)
To be successful. (mainly not so much patience)

Spoiler
The use of drone, the use of continuous specific time.
Bombing of a 30-second gap. (Maybe more, no longer play, I forget)
Use a bridge, the establishment of two collector, Then get the artifact
Finally link totem, you can pass.
If someone can complete, about the current time /5
[close]
( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission

UpperKEES

I don't think you'll be able to solve this one with continuous drone bombing, even when supported by Thor.

Bridging with Odin City will also be hard, because you can't fly OC close to the artifact.

There is a much easier way however! But it's boring.... ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

CJY101

Quote from: UpperKEES on November 15, 2011, 03:05:58 PM
I don't think you'll be able to solve this one with continuous drone bombing, even when supported by Thor.

Bridging with Odin City will also be hard, because you can't fly OC close to the artifact.

There is a much easier way however! But it's boring.... ;)

Thor no way to do it.
But drone can create a "vacuum mode".
In my third map, and finally the adoption of this method.(Just the amount of different.)
OC bridge, because the angle is very very small, I have to complete one collector,
Then Because it wasted too much time. (too difficult to control the angle).
So the second ... It failed, :-\
from not playing.
( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission

UpperKEES

Hmmmm, interesting! :) Post a screenshot (press backspace) next time, because I'd like to see this (even if it fails).

CJY101

Too long did not play, go test it.
Embarrassed ... embarrassed ... I found, seems I am remember the wrong.
Really is, use drone blasted a hole.
But only the emitter side (near where the artifact).
Because the computer is too lag (emitter and creeper too much), will lead to a halt on failure. = =
I skip the build drone, and then thor does not cover, with Thor to guard range.

Because the two are too close to the emitter, Bombing does not come out.
So this is no way the build of a collector.
Only artifact side, collector can be built.

But oc no way too close, if able to near.
Have the opportunity to succeed....
Oops ... let you be disappointed.  XD
I think this method you may know it.

I also make a small map, test it. (Better control)
emitter 0.1s 500x1
emitter 0.1s 300x7
The use of penetration, to a continuous production gap.
Need to see the number of aircraft and aircraft to determine the time interval.

Using penetrating power,If want to create a continuous gap.
Required number of drone and interval of time, to decide.
In fact, it is. at the instant of the explosion to suppress the emission.

UpperKEES

Hey CJY101, that bottom screenshot is very interesting!

It shows you could theoretically be right for this map (although you can't fly OC close to the artifact, so you indeed would have to build a few collectors). Timing the initial drone assault (their first 3-4 bombs) isn't too hard, but their following runs (the next 10 bombs) will probably be spread too much in time to be able to benefit from the gap, because there are too many emitters. Apart from that I think it will cost too much energy to be able to protect their bases and the reactors during the full duration of the assault, because you'd need quite some space for all the drone bases.

Nevertheless fun to watch and I bet you can make your own custom maps around this! :)

PS: did you always have the lines on your screen? These shouldn't be there, see here.

Powerdown

I find the consept amusing, but I say its difficulty should be easy to medium.All you need to survive at the beggining is a thor and 3 blasters.

fridge

Haha, old goodie one  :D. Awesome map. Still only some scores... I have to create a map by myself I guess, what you guess ??

Powerdown

UpperKEES just lost.I made my version of this map on CW2 and it's best time is about 1300 minutes.1 emitter,1 gateway is all I put into it. Fridge,your the best at beating maps,I'd expect the same for making them too!

Karsten75

Quote from: Powerdown on March 09, 2012, 07:42:28 AM
UpperKEES just lost.I made my version of this map on CW2 and it's best time is about 1300 minutes.1 emitter,1 gateway is all I put into it.

You miss the point by so far, it's not even worth trying to explain to you.  In your map (which uses fields that were not even available in CW1, you are *never* in danger of losing. Never. Almost all of the time spent on your map is senseless waiting for either Dark Beam to burn through multiple-health objects or for a lone Maker to overcome senselessly dense creeper pinned in fields.

blank

Great map! Comes with its own alarm clock and burn in test. (run in full screen mode for best results)  ;D

Rated 1 * because the drool fried my computer.

Spoiler
It really is a boring map.
[close]

UpperKEES

Great time blank!  *thumbs up*

I knew their was a little margin, but 6 seconds is actually a lot in this case (how strange that may seem after playing for 2:45 hours ;)).

Nice job! 8)

Kingo

Timing things (at least through AI like mortars and such) is nearly impossible. I tried to make a map where you fought thin creeper with mortars but the timing was way off.

UpperKEES

Although that kind of timing isn't required for this map at all, it is possible to implement. See this map for a good example.