Help with video making

Started by Michionlion, January 09, 2011, 04:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grauniad

As I can tell, Fisherck is not asking about compressing per se, but in speeding up the video. The two  concepts are not similar.

Compressing results in a smaller file, but the actions happen at the same frame rate the video was recorded at. Speeding up the video makes it look as if the actions are happening faster. This is usually achieved by playing back the recorded  frames at a higher number of frames per second than was originally recorded.  For instance, cinematic movies are usually recorded at 24 fps. If you play it back at 30 fps, then everything seems to move at an accelerated speed, since what was recorded in 1.25 seconds, will now be played back in 1 second.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Echo51

Why yes, i understood that, but what i was trying to tell him was to do as virgil said, who recorded at 8fps, and then exported to windows movie maker where he sped it up. This is actually the easiest way to do it since windows movie maker is near-standard on most computers nowadays.
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

F0R

I use hypercam 2, It doesnt show up with the logo

Jay the Juggernaut

Quote from: Fisherck on April 02, 2011, 07:53:49 PM
I hate to bring this back up, but I myself need help. Right now what I am using is BB Flaskback Express. What I can't figure out is how to get the video to save at 4x speed, or anything faster than normal. I can get it to play at 4x speed in the editor, but I can't save it that way. Help?

I had this same problem. It requires a movie editor, I used WMM to fix it.
1)export into .avi
2)load into collections (in WMM)
3)combine all the 'miniclips' into one big one.
4)add two 2x speed boosters.
I can post a vid if this description doesn't help (but it wont be on youtube(no account))
I'll mostly be lurking as a guest, not much into posting anymore. :P