Custom Map: Nice Job 11: The Prince

Started by AutoPost, May 22, 2010, 04:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichieRich

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 27, 2010, 12:11:12 PM
There's even a 3rd consideration: when to go for the upgrades? I'm still not sure myself what would be the best balance between these three options....

I got a much better time finishing it again  - part of which was I got the mortar before going for the other princesses. Saved a lot of work getting down there. Harder to get the mortar that way but easier to finish.

Did you get them before or after?

UpperKEES

Spoiler
I go for 4 upgrades before saving the last 2 princesses (I advance symmetrically above and below). I never use mortars at all, but included them for players who like them. Maybe I should try it with mortars as well....
[close]

One weird thing: I improved my own score by about 2 minutes yesterday, but the score table displays only one mission for me (and 2 for you).

Edit: oh, I understand. I've set my initial score from the laptop of my girlfriend and forgot to copy the gamedata.dat file back to my own computer....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

F0R

im going to try again and hopeully get under 20 mins this time

UpperKEES

Besides all things mentioned above I have 3 tips if you really want to beat it under 20 minutes:

Spoiler
1. Pause a lot (several times per minute). Of course you have to do something useful during pausing.... ;)
[close]
Spoiler
2. Use most of your spare energy to generate even more energy, as you will need a lot to connect to some of the totems.
[close]
Spoiler
3. Don't fight creeper that's not causing you trouble within the next minute. Just let it sit there and wait, because the emitters have rather short interval times, so the creeper levels will be back to their maximum in no time; it's a waste of energy.
[close]

I know, very general tips that can be applied to many maps, but still a lot of people forget about it I guess....

Vexsin

Hey! I did a lot better on my time than I thought I was going to =D

Still have a lot of maps to go to catch up :(

UpperKEES

Ow, not bad at all! I was wondering: did you use a mortar? I'm still thinking of replaying this map, because I didn't use one when I set the current time....

Vexsin

near the end, I used 2 mortars, for the very north and very south totem, but 3 blasters was enough, if I didnt build the mortars I prob could have still made it, maybe a little sooner.

DethbyIT

Just starting this one - but realized that I have never 'voted' on any of your maps.
(Actually didn't realize we could do that.)
So, no 'hints'...just tell me where how to vote.
:)
dbit

UpperKEES

When you go the the download page you'll see 5 stars underneath the thumbnail picture of the map. Clicking on the left star will rate the map with a '1' (bad), clicking on the right star will rate the map with a '5' (good).

Have fun with this one! :) You'll probably need a few tries to save the princesses in time....

Izz

Well done ! This map was alot of fun. Thank you for taking the time to make it .
now I just need to get a beter time :P

I took a break from CW for a wile ( so a lil rusty)  ... but glad to be back .

5/5 awsome job !

UpperKEES

Thanks Izz! :)

Not a bad time at all after taking a long break if you ask me....

Welcome back to the game! I guess you already heard/read CW2 will be released near the end of the year?

Izz

Did not know that .... To be honest this is the first map I played since I got back ..... I did patch up and reposted some of my old times.  I see they moved comments to forums now .... like I said its been awile . lmao

It looks like I have some reading to do ....

UpperKEES

Quote from: Izz on October 07, 2010, 07:59:27 PM
Did not know that .... To be honest this is the first map I played since I got back .....

Good choice! ;)

I did patch up and reposted some of my old times.  I see they moved comments to forums now .... like I said its been awile . lmao

Yeah, the packet filter on Odin City allows for faster times in certain situations, even when you're still a bit rusty. :P

It looks like I have some reading to do ....

Have a look here (better start at the bottom of page 2 to keep it chronological).

snowmaker (JM)

Kees,
It was much easier this time... This map is all about energy management (like all maps), but this will really punish you if you mess up! Your turn  8)

DethbyIT

Another great Kees game and I was just glad to finish it.
"Energy Management" is definitely the name of this game.
A lot of fun - thank you for putting it together.
dbit