Main Menu

RPG elements

Started by Shanglion, July 27, 2011, 07:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanglion

Yes I'm a big fan of RPGs but, I love these games as well. When you make a third one I think it would be cool to see a hero, that takes experience after the battle to get small bonuses. instead of starting over every time you click launch.

mthw2vc

There is already just such a character... It's you! You get better by playing the game up to a certain point. You get better faster by playing harder maps or by taking extra challenges and learning something about the game. Also, realistically, you generally will not get significantly better past a certain point by playing trivial maps. Then, you earn "Skill points" which you can spend on advanced mapmaking ideas to provide unique challenges to other players! This helps them earn enough skill points to provide you with a new concept, increasing your game knowledge and playing ability. Then you earn more skill points... ;)

Echo51

Nicely done mthw ;)

So you want something like gemcraft labyrinth where you gain XP after each field and all?
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Jay the Juggernaut

Or maybe BTD4?

You do unlock new units every so often, so do you just want to flaunt your rank?

Like:
You say: I'm rank 46.
Someone else: Too bad, I'm rank 67! :P

Is that kinda how you want it to work?

PS: I don't have a view on this. It's just fun to blast the creeper. ;)
I'll mostly be lurking as a guest, not much into posting anymore. :P

UpperKEES

Quote from: Jay the Juggernaut on July 28, 2011, 03:32:08 PM

Me: Oh, I'm rank 187.
You: Wow, so that's why you finish maps that easily?
Me: Yeah, I guess so, but it took me 5 months of daily gameplay to get that skilled.
You: Damn, I don't feel like playing that much. Can I have your gamedata.dat file? Please?
Me: Sure, send me $10 and your e-mail address....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Jay the Juggernaut

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 28, 2011, 04:26:21 PM
Quote from: Jay the Juggernaut on July 28, 2011, 03:32:08 PM

Me: Oh, I'm rank 187.
You: Wow, so that's why you finish maps that easily?
Me: Yeah, I guess so, but it took me 5 months of daily gameplay to get that skilled.
You:  @#!*% , I don't feel like playing that much. Can I have your gamedata.dat file? Please?
Me: Sure, send me $10 and your e-mail address....

And that's why BTD4 is an online game :P
Temporary files are harder to find.

Kithros

Grinding for better stats definitely does not suit any kind of strategy game (not necessarily to say that no strategy games involve grinding - but it certainly takes a lot away from the strategy aspect).

Jay the Juggernaut

Quote from: Kithros on July 28, 2011, 07:38:14 PM
Grinding for better stats definitely does not suit any kind of strategy game (not necessarily to say that no strategy games involve grinding - but it certainly takes a lot away from the strategy aspect).

I agree completely.