Quick Save - Keep previous saves?

Started by RichieRich, July 06, 2011, 04:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichieRich

Ctrl C and Ctrl V are a bit close  :P and was wondering if there could be some grandfathering sytem where the last few quicksaves are stored.

You know, 20 mins into a map and it all starts going wrong and you save instead of load.

Ytaker

I'd like this too. I've made this error a few times. A quick save 1 and 2.

Ebon Heart

I fullheartedly agree... I have more of a problem of loading instead of saving.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Eric

I have seen this in other games, I think they should all be the same saves. the quick save feature should just fill the next save slot but you can only save over something if you go to the save menu. I don't see why there could cont be as many slots as you want (infinite if there is space on your computer) but if there is a limit and it is reached the quick save should bring you to the save menu so you could choose what to save over. I should say its been about 9 years since I had anything to do with programing and I'm not sure if this would be technically difficult. Honestly I got so pissed with quick saving over my save point that I stopped saving. I just told my self the harder it is to get back to where I am the better I will become at undoing the creeper.

Emmote

Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V make sense here because they are the almost universal shortcuts for copy and paste.

This has been mentioned before elsewhere (I forget where), but the quicksave feature is just that, a quick save. It is completely understandable that it only takes up one slot.

If you wish to use other slots, or make sure you're saving and not loading, just use the save menu.

I could understand maybe making a system where 3 quicksave slots are available and if it's full it would forget the oldest. However this doesn't really address your issues of pressing the wrong buttons.
It would still be possible for you to hit load instead of save. And since quick load would have to load the latest quicksave regardless, what would the purpose of the other two quick save slots be?

If you forgot to quicksave for your current map, you'd load into a different one, and have to restart. If you did quicksave, then you have your latest quicksave for that map. I don't see the problem with the save feature. It seems your problem is more with the keybinds. If that is your concern, then place your opinions here.
My mind rebels against stagnation.