wepon improvements

Started by lich98, June 30, 2011, 09:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lich98

• i think
1. the upgrades for weapons should be 5 instead of 3
2. the dark beam should have 3 levels, easy, medium, and heavy, easy will attack low creeper but not dense if its dense it will PUSH the beam back. same with medium. exept it can beat like medium creeper. if its heavy it will destroy ANYTHING.
3. the lib. ship should have turrets for itself but it should be upgrade and there should be like range for the turret, speed for the lib. ship and fire rate for the turret plz respond
 okok ive done missions that the creeper starts off like b4 i can even do anything (like some code missions) so the turrets on the lib ship should have VERY LOW range
the dark beam easy mode takes less ammo medium is medium ammo and heavy take like right now type ammo.
yes the 5 upgrades would increase lag but the speed and range should be 5 though. plz respond

o

 And the lib ship turrets shouldnt hold creeper back for long just till we are able to make blasters or other wapons
• I HAVE AN EXELENT IDEA!!!!. Ok you know how Emitter give bad creeper, right? We should have our own Emitters. They will cost 200 or 300 enrgy and will take alot of ammo packets, but it won't need ore!
• Ok I have one thats the best. Dark Beam destroy anything in their path (exept dark mirrors), right? On the micro lifts there should be
1. Like diffrent channels so we dont need that many dark mirrors (it would exit the rift going the same way)
or
2. There should be Micro-Dark Passages that ONLY DARK BEAM GO THROUGH.

like i said plz respond virgilw!

Thx
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

mpete

Yes these could be nice, But these changes will would be unbalanced.
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

Kithros

Having extra units completely devoted to the dark beam (admittedly I'm at least partially biased in that, quite frankly, I don't really like dark beams in general) seems a bit silly considering how few missions actually use dark beams - even more so because dark mirrors can already fill almost all the functions it would have, and removing one of the dark beams few drawbacks in the situations they wouldn't (quite frankly, as soon as you have 12 energy production and a dark beam you basically win in typical experimental maps right now).

Emitters are redundant because they would just be creeper makers that didn't use ore - and the point of ore existing is that it is required to make anti-creeper.

LS turrets wouldn't be entirely bad, but the game is a bit too far in development for a change like that I think, it would effect balance on the current missions far too much - and you can usually make do with shields to defend yourself extremely early in the game instead of always going straight to blasters.

As far as having more weapon upgrades, I don't really see it as necessary, blasters and launchers both end up with extremely long range at full upgrades that unless you're moving in extremely narrow corridors against very dense creeper (would only apply in custom maps - which  quite frankly the map designer can easily plan around such things), then you will never be able to have enough energy production to actually support a mass number of blasters/launchers all being in range anyway, and weapons move really fast with 3 speed upgrades already as well.

Flameo326

i agree that we should have a few tech upgrades for weapons and other and micro passages for DB would be nice but turrets are unnesacary and the DB are not nessacary the DB is made this way for a reason.
My mind is a giant flame engulfing everything and knowing everything.
Obey Its Commands

J

V could add anything to the game whiteout unbalancing the game. If we can NOT build it in the original maps but ONLY in some custom maps everything is possible.

Sqaz

Quote from: J on July 06, 2011, 04:26:55 AM
V could add anything to the game whiteout unbalancing the game. If we can NOT build it in the original maps but ONLY in some custom maps everything is possible, but very unlikely since believe it or not Virgil has some other stuff to take care of, even above just getting that editor ready for us.

Improved that quote a little ;)
And now a short explanation why I don't see any of this getting implemented.

Quote from: lich98 on June 30, 2011, 09:29:01 PM
• I think:
1. The upgrades for weapons should be 5 instead of 3

• I think:
1. Those upgrades would cost far too much technytes, respectively 60 and 75, while, as Kithros said, the benefits would be almost none. There are few situations where you'd really need this, and those situations are there deliberately, if the map maker wants you to have a hard time fighting the creeper he will, even with those extra upgrades , just make the map more difficult. And even if he didn't, game updates shouldn't be about making the game easier, they should make it more fun, more versatile, adding way too expensive and almost useless upgrades won't achieve that.

2. the dark beam should have 3 levels, easy, medium, and heavy, easy will attack low creeper but not dense if its dense it will PUSH the beam back. same with medium. exept it can beat like medium creeper. if its heavy it will destroy ANYTHING.

2.1. The Dark Beam is already an overpowered weapon, it's only drawback is the 12 energy ammo use, so taking that away would make it even more overpowered.
2.2. When you need, or get, a Dark Beam you almost always have to deal with high intensity creeper; otherwise there isn't any need for a weapon as strong as a Dark Beam and it won't be given (like with Thos in the first game).
2.3. Given the 100 energy cost of the Dark Beam you probably already have some energy generation by then, so no need to put it in a lower setting.
2.4. You're post is somewhat ambiguous about the creeper destruction so here there are two possibilities:
2.4.1. On the lowest setting the Beam only destroys weak creeper, till 10.000 e.g., and doesn't do anything against denser creeper. If so, know that all creeper, when it gets to a new elevation starts out as non-dense, maybe just a frame, but if The Dark Beam destroys that, you actively block the creeper.
2.4.1. Instead of all creeper, it only destroys 10.000 creeper every frame e.g., this will also make it a lot more powerful than the three blasters you can power with 3 energy for the Beam.

3. the lib. ship should have turrets for itself but it should be upgrade and there should be like range for the turret, speed for the lib. ship and fire rate for the turret plz respond
 okok ive done missions that the creeper starts off like b4 i can even do anything (like some code missions) so the turrets on the lib ship should have VERY LOW range

3. Almost none of the code maps are impossible, better players are happy there are so many hard maps (compared to the Chronom missions), giving the LS turrets won't only unbalance the game, but will also make most now hard Code Maps a piece of a cake. In most maps the hardest part is the beginning, take that part away and you make the game a lot easier which isn't the purpose of updates, as I already said. You also said something about it being an upgrade, but once you have the time to get technytes you're probably safe and don't need those turrets anymore.
 Most of the time you can grab some gems, dig in, use shields and repulsors and you're safe. Or you could take another Code map, there are quadrillions of them.

• I HAVE AN EXELENT IDEA!!!!. Ok you know how Emitter give bad creeper, right? We should have our own Emitters. They will cost 200 or 300 enrgy and will take alot of ammo packets, but it won't need ore!

• I have an exellent idea, you know how you only need ore to build Anti-Creeper right? And that thanks to this the map maker can force you to be efficient on the ore? What if we just threw that part away and make way too expensive stuff that will only be used by notorious overbuilders so they can neglect the way how this game was supposed to be played.
• I have an even better idea, what if we made some unit, it would cost like 268 energy and use lots of ammo packets that can dig through solid terrain, or allow you to use disabled techs or instantly destroys all creeper.

• Ok I have one thats the best. Dark Beam destroy anything in their path (exept dark mirrors), right? On the micro lifts there should be
1. Like diffrent channels so we dont need that many dark mirrors (it would exit the rift going the same way)
or
2. There should be Micro-Dark Passages that ONLY DARK BEAM GO THROUGH.

• Wow an even better idea, that has to be a pretty good one then. As said before the Dark Beam is already overpowered, but whatever let's see why this wouldn't be used at all:
1. A microrift costs 50 energy (100 to make a connection), that are 20 mirrors, I think that that is somewhat more useful then those rifts, especially since once you've got yourself a Dark Beam you don't need other weapons or buildings, that's how overpowered that thing is.
2. You use a Dark Beam against very dense creeper right? that means you won't have any place near it to build a Micro rift, unless you already have the Dark Beam there to keep the creeper at bay. But then you won't need a Micro rift there for your Dark Beam anymore, since it's already there.
So: Dark Beams through a microrift are useless Q.E.D.

Thx

You're welcome

CobraKill

FEI: This was made by some 10 year old in the blog who posted these 4 or 5 times. It started a flamewar and lich98 just told the kid he'd post him so he would stop talking.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

lich98

yep basically just did it any way
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra