Multi Select is Great! Can we make an Improvement?

Started by Pyxis_GeeK, June 28, 2011, 10:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyxis_GeeK

One feature of CW2 that I love is the muliselect. I can double click on my blasters and all blasters in range can be moved to a new attack location. The one change I would like to see is that when selecting groups as in blasters and launchers I would like to be able to double click on my blasters hold down shift and then double click the launchers and have them all highlight. Then move one attack force forward.

I dont know if this is possible or not but would like to bring it before the community to get your input and see what you think.

mthw2vc

There is a "sort-of" way to do this. Pick a number, any number. select your blasters. Press ctrl and the number key at the same time, then do the same for your launchers. Then release you control of the launchers and press shift and the same number at the same time to recall them all at once.

Pyxis_GeeK

Yeah I know about that way. I just wouldnt have to think as much as double click blasters hold shift double click launchers select new attack point. Its no big deal. :)

Kjempff

You mean sort of like in warcraft 3?
If you click while holding ctrl, it would select all units of the same type in range.
Or/And an option to select any unit in range (max [insert number]).

Could be my play style, but I tend to move units in batches of 10ish, so quickly multiselecting the nearest for moving, would make things smoother.

Pyxis_GeeK

I just have a weird play style I tend to overkill every map I play. So being able to select large amounts of units by double clicking on each unit would help "me". Not the community as a whole. :)

Michionlion

Quote from: Kjempff on June 28, 2011, 06:58:36 PM
If you click while holding ctrl, it would select all units of the same type in range.

Could be my play style, but I tend to move units in batches of 10ish, so quickly multiselecting the nearest for moving, would make things smoother.

don't we already have that?  i think it would be relativly easy to input, but there really is no need except for those people that love overkill (not that i don't)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

mthw2vc

Quote from: Kjempff on June 28, 2011, 06:58:36 PM

You can double click on a weapon to select all weapons of the same type nearby. You can also use [Ctrl + (Number)] to create or add to a "squadron" and [Shift + (Same number)] to recall said squadron. Useful if you want to have multiple sets of blasters and/or launchers and conveniently leapfrog them along en masse. The 0 group is considered "disbanded."

(Already implemented, not just another of my ideas)

Kjempff

Quote from: mthw2vc on June 28, 2011, 09:22:43 PM
(Already implemented, not just another of my ideas)

Damn you are right. I did read about double clicking but didnt work when I tried it.
Does now. Was probably just lag from many units and not pausing before multiselecting.