Main Menu

Total Scores

Started by mthw2vc, May 16, 2011, 06:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mthw2vc

It needed to be said... Why are there no total score views whatsoever? It is rather a pain to compare scores across multiple maps as is...
Quote from: mthw2vc on April 23, 2011, 02:32:13 PM
Add a total scores view. Or better yet, the ability to select multiple maps at once to see the totals for that group only...
This suggestion goes for both ingame and on the site itself :P

Grauniad

Yea sure, we could have delayed the game for a couple more weeks... :)

Maybe now is a good time to put in a feature request for a future game update?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

UpperKEES

Yeah, I'd like totals too, just like for CW1.

Quote from: Grauniad on May 16, 2011, 07:07:56 PM
Yea sure, we could have delayed the game for a couple more weeks... :)

Not sure why you say this. Is it more work than it looks like?

Keeping totals in the game (locally) will be hard anyway, because it depends on the gamedata.dat file being used, so maybe just totals on the site are just fine (which will also prevent questions why the local totals for time & score don't match).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

knucracker

Totals on the site are something I should be able to do.  It should just be a database query of some sort.

Ebon Heart

I was wondering about this too.... now I'll be able to see just how bad mthw2vc has kicked my butt in cw2.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Kento

Since the scores page was updated to have code missions, but hasn't been updated to include total scores for story missions and bonus missions, I feel it's probably appropriate to bump this.

I have been trying to get good scores on the bonus missions. I will never catch up to Kithros, who undoubtably has the best combined score and is some kind of genius, but I think I can get in the top five, and I want to see how much further I have to go.

If a total time ranking becomes available, it should only be available to those who have submitted scores for all 20 story missions or all 10 bonus missions.

Lord_Farin

I really like this feature (sorry for reviving but was about to post the request myself) and would love to see it implemented (especially with the new 'weekly 5-map tournaments' it would be a nice addition).
Furthermore, could there be a BBcode to generate a link to the score of a specific map in the scores table. It would save a great deal of time (though I understand the technical difficulties for designing an efficient code template to do just that)
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!