after playing the game, what do you want to see in the editor?

Started by thepenguin, May 14, 2011, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepenguin

for me personally, it's the fields, I want to be able to experiment with all configurations of them
We have become the creeper...

Kamron3

Quote from: thepenguin on May 14, 2011, 04:05:37 PM
for me personally, it's the fields, I want to be able to experiment with all configurations of them

Well.. if you had an alpha version, you could do this :D

thepenguin

Quote from: Kamron3 on May 14, 2011, 04:08:47 PM

okay, well virgil said that as soon as he released the game, the editor was a beta, so I'm sure it can't be long
We have become the creeper...

Sqaz

Same for me, just'd love to build some nice stuff with them.

And the other thing I'm really looking forward to seeing is the ability to place creeper directly on the map. This will answer some questions about "How much creeper does it take to overcome the gravity".

Ebon Heart

one thing I'd like to see is some kind of block that can be destroyed by creeper, but can't be dug up.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Kamron3

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on May 15, 2011, 12:08:15 AM
one thing I'd like to see is some kind of block that can be destroyed by creeper, but can't be dug up.

;)

ontheworld

*punches kamron in the jewels*

EDIT: 555 posts, wheeeeee

Kamron3

Quote from: ontheworld on May 15, 2011, 03:24:09 AM

*punches kamron in the jewels*

Hehehe. :D

Ranakastrasz

The feature I would most like in the editor is the option to use the editer now (as opposed to soontm)

UpperKEES

Quote from: Ranakastrasz on May 17, 2011, 02:15:25 PM
The feature I would most like in the editor is the option to use the editer now (as opposed to soontm)

Heheh! ;D We think alike.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

I don't understand this thread. It seems as if people think the editor will introduce new game elements. The editor is simply a way to put the existing game elements in a map. So you should focus on stuff like how to paint terrain, cut/copy of terrain segments, Custom backgrounds, etc.

New features such as a different type of terrain will have to be added to the game and then to the game editor.

UpperKEES

Maybe the title should read: which of the CW2 gameplay features would you like to use for your own maps?

Ehm..... many! Anything you see in CW2 can be applied to custom maps! :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Ebon Heart

dangit MadMag!!!!! I wanted NO spoilers... and I read that on my phone, so no spoiler tag, Now I think I know what the final boss is... dangit.
--edit--
Redaction by virgilw
Just for now, and just to keep spoilers from showing up that people might not want to see.
--
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

TonyP2000

Well, here are some suggestions that would be cool for people who would want to make their own series of maps with their own unique stories:

It would be cool to be able to control exactly when text boxes pop up for dialogue depending on the situation.

Being able to upload your own pictures or sprites to be placed next to the text boxes would also be awesome. This would allow people to make their own characters rather then rely on the ones from the story.  :D

Also, being able to add text boxes right after the last emitter is destroyed would be nice too. That way, people could have one last word before blasting off to the next planet.   ;D
Vote Tony!

J

I want to see a block were you can't build on and you can't destroy