Custom Map #2547: Trigger v1.00

Started by AutoPost, October 18, 2013, 05:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMouser

I just cant figure out the room just to the right of ship, i cant use the rift it is buried
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

yum-forum

Firstly, special thanks for "special thanks" in funny teletype.  :)
I was quite embarrassed.
Very hard and smart map! So many new ideas...
Thank You for creative work and congratulation!

Best regards,
yum234

P.S. And one more thing - very nice when in "CW2 WORLD" friendly atmosphere!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Arcady

In the opening text, I mentioned rules that may not be very well known about the game. These rules are:

Spoiler
1) the maximum amount of creeper or anti-creeper in a single sub-cell is 2,147,480,000. If more of the same type is added it will flip to its opposite type. Anti-creeper will turn to creeper and creeper will turn to anti-creeper.

Moving creeper is not usually an option, but anti-creeper can be moved with Makers. I will note that in order for it to work correctly, the Maker will need to charge some and one of the 'burst' options used. Either burst 10% or burst all.

If a Maker is simply set to produce, it will not work correctly. It will change to a negative value and the graphic will disappear. You can still use the burst option though you will not be able to see it. The creeper level indicator will still show the amount present.
[close]

Spoiler
2) A field that is set to move creeper from one place to another can move creeper from inside a solid object (terrain or a shield) to an open area, but it can not move it into a solid object.
[close]

Quote from: PMouser on October 21, 2013, 12:19:14 AM
I just cant figure out the room just to the right of ship, i cant use the rift it is buried

About the blocked rift:

Spoiler
Leave it be for now. You will need to get an enemy dig packet to open that solid terrain.
[close]

Your first step of the map should be

Spoiler

As noted above, you will need an enemy packet to reach that. The enemy packet can only originate from the enemy gateway. The enemy packet can not penetrate the anti-creeper blocking it. You will need to figure out a way to allow that enemy packet through to open things up for you.

Spoiler

Move your maker onto the anti-creeper blocking the enemy gateway. It will have just enough health to reach the anti-creeper before it explodes. When it explodes, it will release all of its stored anti-creeper and flip the standing anti-creeper to normal creeper, which in turn allows the dig packets out.

[close]

[close]

Arcady

Quote from: yum-forum on October 21, 2013, 06:44:02 AM
I was quite embarrassed.

Best regards,
yum234

A small thing, but well deserved. Do you realize that your work accounts for more than 17% of all of the maps? And what's more, most are a good challenge.

yum-forum

Quote from: Arcady on October 21, 2013, 07:16:15 AM
Quote from: yum-forum on October 21, 2013, 06:44:02 AM
I was quite embarrassed.

Best regards,
yum234

A small thing, but well deserved. Do you realize that your work accounts for more than 17% of all of the maps? And what's more, most are a good challenge.

WOW! You estimated my contribution in "CW2 WORLD"!  I tried very hard to change in good direction it atmosphere.
I like this genious game!

Some time ago one our colleague (good map creator) joked that if I create 1000 maps, I can get CW3 free of charge!  :)
1000 maps target is too high, but hulf of CW3 I will try...  ;)

last

yum-forum

One question to all: when CM charging and rich 7.5m how push it to charge more (30m or 60m)?
last

teknotiss

i think you mean the storage in the maker unit?
it's made larger by range upgrades
hope that was what you were after  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

redbull69

I would like to know about the first red dots. I used my first anit creeper to open up the square but I can't figure it out from there.  Upgraded my pacet speed. help ??? ???

yum-forum

Quote from: teknotiss on October 21, 2013, 04:35:01 PM
Yes, storage. Upgrade range of weapon?
last

TLMike

Quote from: redbull69 on October 21, 2013, 07:15:26 PM
I would like to know about the first red dots. I used my first anit creeper to open up the square but I can't figure it out from there.  Upgraded my pacet speed. help ??? ???

If you are referring to the 5x5 room with the red dots which dis/appear, you should
Spoiler
use the Technets to upgrade Packet Speed and Decrease Unit Cost. You should have just enough Technets to do so. There is also a certain pattern which you should follow when placing Shields in that room.

I successfully passed that room by
Spoiler
pausing the game, using the 'n' hotkey to advance gameplay frame-by-frame, then I placed the shield in the proper square the moment the red dot disappeared.

If you need further help, the pattern is
Spoiler

5    3    1    2    4
10   8    6    7    9
15  13  11  12  14
20  18  16  17  19
25  23  21  22  24
[close]
[close]
[close]

Good luck.

RichieRich

You don't need to go through the room with the red dots  ;)

Interesting map thanks.

Arcady

Quote from: RichieRich on October 22, 2013, 05:50:16 AM
You don't need to go through the room with the red dots  ;)

Interesting map thanks.

True enough, however, this was an exploit that I had missed.

teknotiss

Quote from: yum-forum on October 22, 2013, 03:18:30 AM

yes  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

yum-forum

Quote from: teknotiss on October 22, 2013, 10:13:35 AM
Quote from: yum-forum on October 22, 2013, 03:18:30 AM

yes  8)
Thank You. I tryed and it helps!  :)
last

Tromain

Amazing work on this map, the first oh I don't know... 500 times I bloody HATED it, but when I finally worked out the proper sequence for one section it was a massive shout for joy followed by much swearing as I screwed up the next section and had to restart.

Truly a challenging map, especially if you avoid reading any hints/spoilers in this map or going into the editor! Icing on the cake.. I managed to beat my favorite map maker's time (Yum234), and he's made a few maps I've rage quit on, so I'm a happy boy. XD

Look forward to seeing more maps from you, just as eagerly as I always await maps from Yum234! :)