Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burguertime

rain here jump L/H

Another experimentals 0g map, this one has a 11,7M surface emitter, and a hideously thin layer of terrain with a chamber and another 11,8M below.

It would take a ninja LS to be able to dig underneath this one. Any hints on beating it?

Screenshot has the creeper bubble status after 11s of gameplay. Did not move LS or take any actions.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Cotters

Quote from: Kithros on June 26, 2011, 09:46:37 PM
Quote from: Cotters on June 26, 2011, 09:04:44 PM
209 small mid or high

I think it is unbeatable. not an experimental level. I have a feeling someone might be able to beat it but on hard?

Interesting map, but it's entirely possible - I chose large/high as it seemed to be the hardest of them (small/high does have a surface gateway, but the number of drones on both gateways caps out at such a small number, the first gateway can easily be distracted by the LS indefinitely, and the second gateway isn't very threatening)

I picked up the 2 gems on the left first of course, and then I built a repulsor and 4 blasters to quickly nullify the emitter (started building the nullifier as soon as the field turned down):
WOW! i am very impressed!  Nice!

Kithros

qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;'zxcvbnm,.  large/high

I'm almost certain this one is impossible - you can't pick up any gems fast enough to wall up the middle, and there's nowhere to build up enough reactors to really get anywhere - you might be able to set up a wall of repulsors in time, but I can't see how you could advance afterwards so it wouldn't really matter. Experimental map with a 303M (!) intensity surface emitter, and drones, and even more drones + phantoms past decaying terrain just for the fun of it. Probably impossible on small and medium size too.

Mare

Quote from: Kithros on June 28, 2011, 11:38:35 AM
qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;'zxcvbnm,.  large/high

I'm almost certain this one is impossible - you can't pick up any gems fast enough to wall up the middle, and there's nowhere to build up enough reactors to really get anywhere - you might be able to set up a wall of repulsors in time, but I can't see how you could advance afterwards so it wouldn't really matter. Experimental map with a 303M (!) intensity surface emitter, and drones, and even more drones + phantoms past decaying terrain just for the fun of it. Probably impossible on small and medium size too.

OMG I GOTTA AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT!!

Scary how half the map is one big hole.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Pyxis_GeeK

hard hard hard hard hard large/high

That's 5 "hards" Surface emitter will wipe you off the face of the planet. I would love to see someone beat this.

I forgot to mention this is an experimentals map. Also the screen grab is 1:00 minute into the mission.

TonyP2000

Someone try  little find snow large/high

A surface titan emitter plus zero gs of gravity + plus gems that are sort of deep = A terribly hard, if not impossible, map to get a foot hold on.

Oh, I forgot to mention the surface drones... have fun!
Vote Tony!

Eric

Psi Delta Alpha high/large

I'm not even sure how to start...

Zircon

Quote from: Pyxis_GeeK on June 28, 2011, 03:57:27 PM

That's 5 "hards" Surface emitter will wipe you off the face of the planet. I would love to see someone beat this.

I forgot to mention this is an experimentals map. Also the screen grab is 1:00 minute into the mission.

=)

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: Zircon on June 28, 2011, 06:54:10 PM

I would love to see someone beat this.
=)

Very Impressive my friend.

CobraKill

Where is the KEES and Kithros!? We have some hard maps here I want to the see the CW gods beat.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Katra

Beaten like a drum.  ;D

The start is a mite tricky to get dug in and a shell over you but the surface emitter is pretty weak and you have experimentals to take care of the tougher creeper.

(It felt weird chasing the last creeper into the sky with the LS and a fleet of blasters/launchers.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Zircon

Quote from: TonyP2000 on June 28, 2011, 04:52:16 PM
Someone try  little find snow large/high

A surface titan emitter plus zero gs of gravity + plus gems that are sort of deep = A terribly hard, if not impossible, map to get a foot hold on.

Oh, I forgot to mention the surface drones... have fun!

=))

Tomodachi

Asobimashou Large/High
This map includes a surface emitter, experimentals, and phantoms. There are very few surface crystals and nowhere to dig in and after forty seconds a 60M titan emitter breaks free from the chamber below. On medium complexity this might be possible; I was able to hold off the creeper for a few minutes before being overwhelmed.

TonyP2000

In response to Zircon:
I am at a loss for words...
Vote Tony!

CobraKill

I think we have to add Zicron to the hall of best players.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.