Map naming conventions

Started by Mimsy, October 12, 2013, 05:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mimsy

I'm tweaking a lot of DMD maps into good ones. I propose we work out a more-or-less standardized set of tags to put in our map name. Something like NS = no spores or TRO means totems, resources (to be siphoned), ore.

I also plan to name all my maps starting with "Momo" (my scores name). So we'd have something like "<creator> <mapname> <tags>" e.g.:

Momo Basin ROnDT
(resource deposits, ore, no digitalis or totems)

Any thoughts?
Momo on the DMD scores.

pawel345

Do you mean you edit them in the editor? or just use DMD? if just DMD then then all that is there already, the name of the player that first completed the map, and on the mini map you can see what enemies and resources there are

teknotiss

and if you want a breakdown of enemies resouces etc, just click the edit button and look at the option choices!  ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Dark18

Alot of players will never see this thread, or even this forum.. they just buy the game and play it...

so i don't think it's possible to do this

Grauniad

While players are free to agree to any convention, many will prefer to give a map a meaningful (textual) or witty name. We will enforce no convention, except to guard against unacceptable names.

Also note that the map will in any event be named after the first player to submit a name.

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Mimsy

Yeah I just mean a convention for those of us on this forum. I like to think we'll be finding better maps than most. I, at least, don't submit scores for every map; if I find a good one I'll go back and change the settings a bit to make it perfect, then play and submit it. You're probably the same.

Quotemany will prefer to give a map a meaningful (textual) or witty name

I look forward to this when it starts happening. :P
Momo on the DMD scores.