Topic for sharing Awesome DMD Maps

Started by pawel345, October 10, 2013, 02:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavemaniac

I took pawl345's map as a base and came up with a pretty cool map (or so I think!).

Spore Spawn.

BQAXAAAAAgAAAAQAAACEAIQAA/EAyABaPDwEAACgACgwAAAAWAKAcCAjA3AAUAAAquABQOFBJqEGQArAAuAJAGHn4J9h4KDiYJyhAsAIAKAAgALAAwAPQMFDgQIAgAyg4EEEGQAPgAKAAgAAAADA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AEAAAECAQIAAABkAAAAAGQAAAAAZAACAAwA=

The map is exactly as previously presented - I liked it because it was interesting and had loads of defensive positions.

I tweaked the enemies and let loose at it.

I chose (probably unwisely!) to start in the bottom right so I could get the Mass Drivers which are awesome fun to play with.

Note their use as high walled forts!

It's quite tight for energy and has a lot of spores. Really, a lot.

Hope you enjoy it - and pawel345 forgives me for butchering his map!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Mimsy

No Terps No Room:
BQAQAAAARgAAAAkAAADgAOAAAgAAAABSyMgAIABAAAhYAAAIMADoYIABAgAgUEDgIWAHQeKzGcEDwAPAA8ADQAAAAACgoABlBGUkACAAgGAKYAxALUBBoMAFTCzn//kf4IKEUkCERAmAFEAxADvA//////////////8/AMD//////////////////////38AwP8/AMAAgABABoBAAH0AAEAASwAAgAEyAADAAAA=

It's a real challenge. The terrain is super rough and you don't get any terps; instead you get Orbital Mass drops to make flat space. There are 25 on the map and you can do it in less than 15 for sure so you don't have to be too stingy with them. And I put a big energy pack just north of the start to help you get going 'cause collectors are basically useless.

A valuable tip: Moving multiple units will automatically find you where there's room to place something. Saves a lot of frustration.
Momo on the DMD scores.

Grayzzur

I put up one I called Digital Dunes. I just really like the way the landscape looks a bit unnatural. This came from just banging the "I Feel Crazy" button, no manual edits.

BQDqVt5sJuNDdy2e8wfgAOAAAsMCGAAyjk4KCAhoABhoAAAAUAH4cNDCFBBAQCAAIaABwqLw/oAEAAWAAeACIMAfQyfoQGGbQ7MD838PAAAEgAcAF2A6wMbpiCnr//1foKJEb0B8BA+AC0AHgA3A/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AMAAAAAAAAABABkAAAAAGQAAAAAZAABABQA=
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Mimsy

Quote from: Grayzzur on November 13, 2013, 03:51:24 PM
I put up one I called Digital Dunes.

This was fun, thanks. And the terrain inspired my Across The Waves.
Momo on the DMD scores.

Karsten75

Not an awesome map (not a bad one either), but an awesome score - my "lucky sevens" :)

Mimsy

This one was AMAZING!
Uneven Terrain
BQDY7Dclf8p9L+8cBxsAAQABAAEAAADIlEQEAACIASgYABAQ2ADYAFARIVAAEABgIEAgYaGGN4MPABkgAKABAIFsCHYooADyggym6x/8H6ABAApgNEBIIAGFxKj6fwEgAGHDDMAJCgXACgAAAADA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AMAAAAAAAAABABkAAAAAGQAAAAAZAABABQA=

It looks pretty easy. 4 hours of play time on that for me to get the top score of 1 hour. I don't think I could shave more than 20 minutes off that time and there's no way I'm spending another 4 hours to do it. The only other score under 3 hours is my friend STD at 1:54. Try it if you dare. :)
Momo on the DMD scores.

MizInIA

Quote from: Mimsy on November 19, 2013, 10:22:10 PM
This one was AMAZING!
Uneven Terrain
BQDY7Dclf8p9L+8cBxsAAQABAAEAAADIlEQEAACIASgYABAQ2ADYAFARIVAAEABgIEAgYaGGN4MPABkgAKABAIFsCHYooADyggym6x/8H6ABAApgNEBIIAGFxKj6fwEgAGHDDMAJCgXACgAAAADA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AMAAAAAAAAABABkAAAAAGQAAAAAZAABABQA=

It looks pretty easy. 4 hours of play time on that for me to get the top score of 1 hour. I don't think I could shave more than 20 minutes off that time and there's no way I'm spending another 4 hours to do it. The only other score under 3 hours is my friend STD at 1:54. Try it if you dare. :)

that one was fun. I spent way more time teraforming than was really necessary. but hey it is about the journey not the destination.  :)

nebzero

I made Noxian Injustice... It's pretty fun. You get the feeling of fighting a struggling battle on multiple fronts, while getting rewarded for your bravery.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: nebzero on November 23, 2013, 01:12:46 PM
I made Noxian Injustice... It's pretty fun. You get the feeling of fighting a struggling battle on multiple fronts, while getting rewarded for your bravery.

Pix please!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Helper

Quote from: Cavemaniac on November 23, 2013, 01:42:06 PM
Pix please!

Just saw this. Here's a couple (better late than never).

Helper

Hmmm - Used the F12 key for the first set. Lots of details, but not the whole map.
F11 gives the whole map, but not much other information.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Helper on December 03, 2013, 11:46:12 AM
Hmmm - Used the F12 key for the first set. Lots of details, but not the whole map.
F11 gives the whole map, but not much other information.

It's nice to see someone actually making use of the variability of creeper colour!

Helper

Quote from: Clean0nion on December 03, 2013, 12:14:29 PM
It's nice to see someone actually making use of the variability of creeper colour!

Thanks - try to stay with the season. :)
I had purple and orange for Halloween, but that didn't work out so well.

Otterbear

Quote from: Mimsy on October 18, 2013, 09:16:30 PM
If you're addicted to Terps like me, here's a fun one:
BQBPk+UGvU5Ja2fecQgAAQABCAEAAABSqD4AEBAAAEhAAAAAIADokOAwIZABIEOgI6AgAoPfvyEEAArAAQACwMD1hyuIQKG8pcAIEUATAIAFgAWACKBJYMlr6gvyvxAAACMFBsCFgRXAF0AMQAvA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP////8AQEBBQQEBABkAAAAAGQAAAAAZAABAAwA=
Aside from the landing pad, there's nowhere to build. You'll have trouble even finding 3x3 spots to get relays to ores and totems. :) Sadly, unlimited Thors are allowed so once you can afford the ammo you've basically won. It's still a challenge though since Thors won't clear thin creeper... which stops you from putting out the much-needed relays or terraforming.

EDIT: it's called "Beat My Time" but don't let the dumb name dissuade you.

I liked this map.(Never needed the Thor.) I just finished it an hour or so ago, and now I'm going to play it again.