Space island maps

Started by pawel345, October 06, 2013, 11:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawel345

A thread for sharing and bringing to the light best codes for such maps.

Any maps with islands, where having all th CN in one place won't do the trick, one has to rely on guppies and air power to take a foothold on the creeper infested terrain.

Two interesting maps of this kind that I have played are:

Space islands-1

BAABAAAAAQAAAAEAAAAAAQABAQEAAACQAAAsCAB4AShgABAAQAE4kRBABkABQCEQquAjQMFkr4ICABQAAIACAACEAycmAAHhAKNCAYAMQGEBQANABIAP4GGkAQPnHxnAQIECGQAPgAKAAgAAAADA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AMAAAMDAwAAAQpYAAAAAGQAAwAD6AAAA

A huge map with lot's of digitalis and very steep terrain where it's hard to even find a place to put your guns.

Islands jumping 1

BQABAAAAPYLUV+lp8zPBAMEAAWAATAAOyAAsAAD4AjCwAAAA6ALQUJBgJKAAQAGgKiCgomKZXwEAABkAAABLoEDLA0JEwaHMRUmHECAYAIAFoAtARIBGgGLMRyz3//x/4GHGU8AkAQJAAsANwAzA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AMAAAMDAwAAAAfoAAAAAGQAAwAB9AACAAgA=

A medium sized map, not too hard, nice for a leisure playthrough.

Grauniad

I modified your thread to put the codes in a wrapping since it makes the post more manageable. Hopefully I didn't break the codes.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

The Creep Destroyer

I found a tough Space Island Map, there are only two landmasses, one on each end of the map. The top one has a strong emitter, but there are two artefacts for you to use to subdue it. Once you get the top you're fine, unless you let one of the 9 spores hit you from one of the two Spore Towers.

Broken Road
BQBwEqZ6YWWSbOD4nmyEAIQAE9UAxgFWfAYeAAjoAAjIABAAOAGwcFCAI2AAEDCAIKBgoAJqFGEEgARgAOABQKAc4RDC4KDbpvHHFiAXYKAJwAnAAuARYOmr5AsYYBhAYCBHaoBZQwiAEgANgBnA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AMAAQEBAQAAAABkAAAAAGQAAAAAZAADABgA=
Starcraft 2... where the creeper dies to nukes.
I use lightmage to record my scores.

pawel345

Space Islands-2

BQB3RHtptpWweeHAYHnIAMgABlUARAAOyAA0AAD4AjCwAAAAeAD4YMBAI6AA8ACgKiCgomKZX8EDwAhAAcADgEDLA0JEwaHMRUmHECAYAIAFoAtARIBGgGLMRyz3//xf4EHGU8AkAQJAAkANwAzA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AEAAAMDAwAAAAWQAAAAAGQAAwAB9AACAAgA=

Seems easy at first but little building space and strategically placed AntiAir towers makes this map interesting. Watch out for huge spore waves luckily with a large interval between them.

Amram

Quote from: pawel345 on October 08, 2013, 06:10:20 AM
Space Islands-2
That's actually a good map.  I transferred from the starting point to the upper right of the middle island in the mid game, far more room to expand there.

Grauniad

I just played the "Islands Jumping" map and I must say, it was fun!  Not hard, and I didn't have to restart. The emitters were all goldilocks emitters and there was enough ore and Aether to give me nice weapons boosts.

I also liked the appearance, and we hopefully may see more of this map at some time in the future... (hint...).
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

steelwing

Space Islands-2

BQB3RHtptpWweeHAYHnIAMgABlUARAAOyAA0AAD4AjCwAAAAeAD4YMBAI6AA8ACgKiCgomKZX8EDwAhAAcADgEDLA0JEwaHMRUmHECAYAIAFoAtARIBGgGLMRyz3//xf4EHGU8AkAQJAAkANwAzA/////////////////////////////////////////38AwP8/AEAAAMDAwAAAAWQAAAAAGQAAwAB9AACAAgA=

Seems easy at first but little building space and strategically placed AntiAir towers makes this map interesting. Watch out for huge spore waves luckily with a large interval between them.
Very cool looking!  I haven't played a lot of DMD maps, but this one looks very interesting.  There's two landing points I can see for CNs...The third would have to go on whatever island you cleared first.

squallsoft

Here is one I am currently playing through:

Massive amounts of creeper to work through.... fun as all hell :-D

squallsoft

Follow up: I finished. it's called THE GREAT DIVIDE.

Check it out!

pawel345

Island Conqueror by AssassinDude53

It's a really cool map, not hard as there is nothing threatening your initial position, but very little build space and huge amounts of creeper make attacking harder than it seems at first glance. 

BAADAAAAAQAAAAQAAACQAAABAOkD6AMAyMgAAAAAAAAAACAYkACYgODiMvAwkAFQASADAEBBIQMFAA9AAYAHAACEAycmAAHhAKNCAYAMwKAA4AHAAwAPoOChoAAZABkAQMEjfYAHwAtAFgAAAADA////////////////////////////////////PwDA/38AwP8/AMAAAAAAAMBAAPoAAAAAGQAAAAAZAAAA

steelwing

Quote from: steelwing on October 25, 2013, 12:47:15 PM
Space Islands-2

Very cool looking!  I haven't played a lot of DMD maps, but this one looks very interesting.  There's two landing points I can see for CNs...The third would have to go on whatever island you cleared first.
Oy.  Lot more challenging than it first seems.  I'm thinking I'll need at least one Bertha to have a chance at this one...

squallsoft

Yes, they are my favorite kind of maps as well. Here is another one I made in the DMD.....

steelwing

Oy!  :o Got enough Berthas there?!

squallsoft

teknotiss

these are from one of the DMD maps i made that got zapped when V went from Beta to Release.
they were posted in a "i don't always overbuild..." titled thread some of us Betas were posting in.
:D
i'm quite pround of that one, it was fun 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus