Custom Map #2111: Not So Great Balls of Fire

Started by AutoPost, March 26, 2013, 02:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2111: Not So Great Balls of Fire

Author: Peter Power

Desc:
Don't worry, this time the balls are mostly decorative. The real danger is the Drones!

tijno77

great map :P

i had the middle and left part all done. then i underestimated the right part -_-"

PeterPower

Those right side Drones are tough but... wait until you see my next level! ;D

I have the walkthrough ready as well.
http://dagongame.blogspot.ca/2013/03/not-so-great-balls-of-fire-map-2111.html

RealAndy

Had almost finished but had no idea how I was going to destroy the last drone gateway.  Never ceases to surprise me how many new concepts are still being come up with that I havn't yet seen on this game.  And this is how I killed the last drone gateway (don't have enough firepower to kill the drones quick enough and the drones come out before nullifier is made):

Spoiler
Just build a micro rift right next to the drone gateway and the drones go through it, you can then build the nullifier.  But make sure there's plenty of blasters all over the map and the oc isn't too close to another micro rift.
[close]

PeterPower

Nice idea RealAndy. I never even thought of that. I chose a more rudimentary strategy in the walkthrough. I actually learn alot of new ideas from others playing my levels.

RealAndy

Sorry, hadn't looked at the walkthrough, and when playing I opened the final chamber without thinking about how to nullify the drone gateway, didn't think of that as a strategy.

Katra

No need to be so fancy on either outside gateway. On the left side a few blasters can easily protect the nullifier; on the right I was able to build the nullifier before any drones came out.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!