Mission Impossible Series Discussion

Started by Colin, October 21, 2010, 03:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

Hello everyone, I'm a new map-maker and I've just submitted the first
map of my series: "MIS: Creeper Wave".(MIS = Mission Impossible Series)
I hope you guys enjoy it if it gets "ratified" by the map moderators!  ;D

(EDIT: These are all my maps I've made so far:)
(EDIT: I'm working on map: - - - -)
(EDIT: I'm waiting for map: - - - -)

Maps completed:
MIS: Creeper Wave.
MIS: Perilous Mountain.
MIS: Unknown.
MIS: Rescue.
Squares of DOOM
Life as Creeper
Life as Creeper2
Life as Creeper3
Valley of Tears
Valley of Tears2
Maps completed but waiting for approval: done with the series

Chronological order of maps:

1. Creeper Wave

2. Perilous Mountain

3. Unknown

4. Rescue

I hope you all enjoy!

For now I won't add any graphics to the maps but I will be
playing with that and when I get better at it I will paint my maps better.

Guys keep checking this post I'm going to be making a series
At the moment I do not know how many there will be, but I'm
going to just keep making them.  :D

Feel free to discuss my map(s) on this thread or on the discussion
threads made by the auto-comment maker.  :)

<- - - ME

EDIT:

Note I will be using this post as my "homepage" for my signature.
Because I can post links to all my maps here.  ;D

To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

SPIFFEN

Welcome Colin , i hope you do well in you map making =)
But i cant see that you have submitted an map yet ,
so when you do and when it gets accepted ,
plz post an link to it .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

Hi there! Welcome to the forums! :)

Quote from: Colin on October 21, 2010, 03:36:17 AM
PS. My avatar won't work for some reason It is a GIF IMAGE to see the animation go here --> http://i85.servimg.com/u/f85/13/75/65/31/boxed13.gif

Yeah, more people had the same problem, see here.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

Colin, I see no maps by you in the queue. Maybe something went wrong with the map submission? See here for help on how to submit a map.

Colin

Karsten, I read the discussion fourm on submitting a map before I began the process, I followed the steps. Maybe something happened, I'll try playing it and submitting the score again.

and thankyou upperKEES.  ;D

I don't know if I have enough time to play and submit the score now I might have to do that later I can only be on for a little bit right now, but I'll try.

EDIT: I did play it and re-submitted the score, if that doesn't do it maybe I'll try re-loading the file into creeper world (re-edit)

Also, is "ver: 0380" the newest version of Creeper world map editor? Because that is what I made the map with.

Grauniad

I believe (I have not uploaded a map myself) that the upload process will let you know if there is no score for your map or if you have too many maps in the queue to upload more.

Additionally, the upload page (http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/uploadmap.php) shows all maps that are in the queue and waiting for approval.

As for version of the map editor, 0380 doesn't sound right. That sounds like the previous version of the game itself. Unfortunately I can't tell you which level it should be - someone else in the community will have to tell you what the current GA editor level is.

If you have played it and resubmitted the score, try the upload again. Don't open it in the map editor, that will change the map identifier and will invalidate any uploaded scores.

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Pyxis_GeeK

0380 is the current map editor. Just a thought you did actually upload the map and not just submit the score correct? You went here to submit the map?

Edit: I just submitted a map and it did not go into the list of maps awaiting approval is there a delay in it showing in the list? I named the map test map.... Can anyone see the map? It seems that when I submitted maps in the past it immediately shows up in the list.

CreeperWorld v0572
Map Editor v0380

Colin

Oh you have to submit it?  :o  I thought from the post on submitting a map posting a score submitted it I'll try submitting it now, thanks.  ;)

EDIT: Also, if I just open the map in the map editor without saving it does this change the code as well? Because I think I opened it a few times after I submitted my score, but I didn't save it.

Pyxis_GeeK

No problem. I just thought I would ask. Welcome to the community and I hope you enjoy it around here. :D

UpperKEES

Hey, how did you get that GIF to work?

Colin

it was 100kb so I put it in the animation shop I made it in and re-sized it from 100x100 pixels to 50x50  ;D

Btw, did my map pop up on the "to be verified" list yet? If it hasn't I'll try the whole process over again.

Pyxis_GeeK

Negative. It has not shown up in the list. I think there is a delay. However there is a new map in the list since I submitted my test map.

Colin

Ok, I think I've finally got it submitted now I just decided to go through the whole process again and it worked this time!  :P

Thanks for the help guys now after the mods validate my map then you can play it and tell me how it went.  ;)

EDIT: I put the difficulty as medium but I don't know if that is accurate or not, is there a way to change it later if the difficulty is miss-leading?

Pyxis_GeeK

UpperKEES

Quote from: Colin on October 21, 2010, 04:05:24 PM
it was 100kb so I put it in the animation shop I made it in and re-sized it from 100x100 pixels to 50x50  ;D

Thanks! :)

Quote from: Colin on October 21, 2010, 04:30:40 PM
I put the difficulty as medium but I don't know if that is accurate or not, is there a way to change it later if the difficulty is miss-leading?

I'm afraid not. It's no big deal however. Medium is pretty safe and almost any map maker has misjudged the difficulty of his/her own map before at least once. You'll know soon enough.... ;)